22. Too Embarrassed

A/N: Hey, guys. I know the legal age to drink in Japan is 20 and Kyo's birthday is in January, but when I wrote this, I didn't know those things. So roll with it, 'kay? I used to think he was a summer baby, but turns out he's a winter baby. Heh heh. Anyways, this is like three months after Kyoru start dating.

57. "Half the time I get too embarrassed to say anything."

"Stop, stop. Please stop!" Kyo squirmed against the tight hold of his cousins as they tried to make him drink.

"Guys, it's okay if he doesn't want to," Yuki mumbled thoughtfully.

"What? No way! He turned eighteen last month. There's no way he isn't trying alcohol yet," Shigure protested.

"Absolutely. When I turn eighteen, the first thing I'm gonna do is chug down bottles of alcohol," Hatsuharu added.

"Surprising. I thought you already tried that out," Yuki told Haru while reading a book in the corner of the room.

"I did. But I'm gonna feast on it on my eighteenth birthday," Hatsuharu announced.

"Let me go! I swear to you two, I'm gonna make you pay!" Kyo yelled at the top of his lungs. "Just let me free!" Kyo struggled against the rope tied around his feet and wrists; it was as if he was being kidnapped.

Actually, it happened when Kyo fell asleep in the living room, under the kotatsu after coming back from school with Hatsuharu and Yuki. Then, seeing the boy sprawled over the floor, Shigure had a devilish idea to make him pay for insulting his new novel—that is, to make Kyo try alcohol for the first time. Plus, he knew better than to make him drink when he was fully active, so he had Hatsuharu tie him up in his sleep— not to mention, he has a third-degree black belt in martial arts and could kick both of their asses if they tried anything funny without putting restraints on him.

"What will you do when you are free, Kyo?" Shigure asked curiously, a snarky grin on his face, trying to keep Kyo's head straight to make him take a sip of the alcohol.

Kyo narrowed his eyes, a sinister look in his orange eyes. "I'm gonna burn down all your books and make your dirty secrets public, Shigure Sohma." Shigure felt a shiver run down his spine.

"What about me?" Hatsuharu monotonously pointed at himself.

"I'm going to make Rin do the job for me," he smirked.

"Scary," Haru uttered with his usual poker face.

"Guys, don't go overboard, okay? Honda-san might be upset," Yuki warned, not sure what his two goofy cousins were gonna do with the poor former cat.

"Oh, don't worry. It's just harmless fun," Shigure shrugged. "Haru, make him open his mouth wide."

"On it, Sensei." Haru saluted Shigure and grabbed Kyo's chin.

Kyo pulled his lips in a thin line, refusing to open his mouth at all costs.

Haru looked into Kyo's eyes and said, "Imagine it's not the glass that is about to touch your lips but Honda-san's lips."

Kyo's cheeks flushed as he opened his mouth to shout, only to get the glass of alcohol poured in his mouth. As the alcohol went down his mouth, he felt it was burning his throat, yet it was oddly satisfying. In a few minutes, it started to to make him feel tipsy and an unusual sense of 'I am the king of this world' tugging at his heart.