72. Blanket Hogging

A/N: Just a very silly idea that came from a fanart I saw many days ago, but I can't find it because most of the photos in my gallery got deleted somehow, that's why I'm reusing this fanart. Anyways, guys, want to let you know that the updates will be weekly from now on. Most probably on Friday nights.

81. "Did you two have a lover's quarrel?"

Tohru is getting ready for school when there's a sharp knock on the door. "I'm coming. Wait a minute!"

Tohru checks her uniform in the mirror one last time and goes to open the door. She smiles brightly as she looks up at her boyfriend and greets, "Good morning, Kyo-kun. You got back early from your run." Usually, he only gets back right about now, then heads into the shower. But he's already showered and dressed in his uniform right now. "How can I help you?" she asks cheerfully and notices the determined set of his jaw.

"Can we talk?"

Now she's nervous. This tone can't mean anything good. She has seen these types of scenes in the drama.

"Yes, of course. Please come in." Tohru opens the door wider, and Kyo walks in. She closes the door behind them and asks anxiously, "What's wrong, Kyo-kun?"

Kyo lets out a sigh. "I wasn't gonna bring this up, but Tohru... this has gone on long enough." His voice sounds strange, kind of croaky, and closed up.

"What... what do you mean, Kyo-kun?"

"It was summer until now, so it wasn't that big a problem. But it's getting colder, and do you hear my voice?"

A worried expression covers her face. "Oh, no, Kyo-kun, do you have a sore throat? How did you catch a cold?"

He turns around to finally look her dead in the eye and whisper-exclaims, "Because you keep stealing the blanket at night, Tohru!"

Tohru just blinks. "Eh?"

Kyo nods vehemently. "You always take away the whole blanket whenever you roll to the other side, leaving me in the cold. And now, I have a sore throat!"

Tohru just can't believe him. "I steal the blanket? Kyo-kun, you're the one who does that!" she whisper-yells back.

His eyes widen incredulously. "No, I don't!"

"You do! You always turn over in the middle of the night and take the blanket for yourself. I have to wake up and snatch some for myself."

"Some? You snatch it all!"

"No, I don't! Why would I do that?"

"I dunno. Maybe you want your boyfriend to shiver in the cold for the rest of the night!"

"You know I don't want that."

"Then why do I wake up every morning with no blankets on me?"

"What about me? I have to wake up in the middle of the night!"

"Blanket-hogger!"

"Blanket-stealer!"

They both turn their faces away from each other with puffed cheeks and crossed arms.

"You know what, maybe I should just sleep in my own room from now on!"

"Yes, maybe you should!"

Kyo stomps out of her room and slams the door as he leaves. Tohru follows his suit and also slams the door before heading downstairs to start making breakfast.

On the other hand, Yuki jumps up from his sleep at the slamming doors. "Who the hell's slamming doors so early in the morning?" he groans before slumping back on the bed. He has exactly one minute to peacefully nap before his alarm blares up. "For fuck's sake, why won't anyone let me sleep peacefully?"