49. See Yourself Through My Eyes

A/N: thanks to Beyouandloveall for requesting a one-shot with Kyo being overprotective and saving Tohru from something. Although it ended up being more of a jealousy type. But oh well. I personally really loved this one!  Also, thank you, JudySaunders for giving this prompt a very long time ago! So I hope you all enjoy it! Don't forget to vote and comment.

76. "I wish you could see yourself through my eyes."

Kyo hates the Cinderella-ish play with all his guts.

As if performing in it wasn't enough. As if wearing that ridiculous outfit and acting as Hanajima's counterpart wasn't enough. He thought all the misery would end after the performance. But nope.

Suddenly, he is even more popular than he used to be. He gets called out to the backyard much more often now. His annoying friends nag him all the more, taunting him for not being grateful for his superior Sohma genes. Just what the hell did those girls see in him while wearing that tight red monstrosity and hair extension? All of it is annoying.

But the most annoying part of it is, he's not the only one whose popularity has risen. He doesn't care about the rest of the cast, but...

As Kyo is walking towards the school vending machine behind the courtyard to get some strawberry milk during lunchtime, he sees a familiar brunette, standing in front of the machine with three cans in hand, chirping happily with two unknown guys.

Kyo narrows his eyes at the three of them. What is that ditz doing?

He is far enough to not be able to hear what they are saying, but he can make out the guys' expressions. It takes Kyo exactly five seconds to figure out the guys' intentions, and Tohru being the clueless queen she is, doesn't see it. Of course, she's the type to give tea to burglars, why would she understand guys hitting on her?

Before Kyo can think more, he is already stepping in front of Tohru, startling her and making her let out a surprised "Oh, Kyo-kun! What are you doing here?"

Kyo throws a death glare at the two guys who visibly shiver and turns his gaze to the vending machine. "Just getting somethin' to drink."

"Oh, I see," Tohru says airily.

While pressing the buttons, Kyo says, eyeing the two assholes still standing, "You know, you shouldn't be talkin' to creeps all alone."

"Are-are you, by chance, calling us creeps?" one of the guys with blonde hair speaks up.

"So what if I am?" Kyo challenges and turns to the guys properly, and he can feel Tohru watching his back anxiously, but right now, he doesn't care, he is extremely annoyed at these two bastards.

"You have no right to," the other dark-haired guy manages to say without stuttering.

"But am I wrong? What do you call guys who hit on girls in the shadowy places all alone?"

"Uh... But if she has no problem, what's your deal? You're not her boyfriend, are you?" the dark-haired guy questions.

Okay, that really pisses Kyo off.

"Whether I'm her boyfriend or not doesn't matter, what matters is that I'm sayin', back the hell off right now or I won't hesitate to use violence."

The two guys measure Kyo up and down and start to back down a little. "Using brute force to make your point? What a coward," the dark-haired one tries to mock while shaking.

"Oh, we will see who the fucking coward is when I punch your stupid face—" Kyo is about to step forward, but Tohru clutches the back of his shirt, stopping him, but the guys are already running with their tails in between their legs.