five

i sat in the spot i usually sat in, the far left section right against the back wall to make sure you wouldn't fall. i pulled out a book i had recently ordered online, it came in a bundle so i got two free books that came with it. they weren't as interesting sounding but i decided i'd give it a try sense it's was only an extra five dollars even though they were, quite on quote "free".

i sat down and opened my book for the first time, the breeze outside was nice, the weather was great in general, and the day was a pretty good day compared to others.
there were only four periods in one day so after my hour and a half i would have to go to lunch, then my last class. every other day switches the total eight classes i have, we just do four a day for a longer time so we can learn more and just get more done sense we do have the eight classes.

-time skip

school finally finished and i had just left mathematics, which i found quite confusing and boring. i decided to walk home sense it was a nice fall day, the weather wasn't too cold but just breezy with a temp.

i lived ten minutes away so the walk would be a quite nice walk id say, even though in reality it will take me a good forty-five minutes to do so. but to be fair that is so quicker then riding the bus to my house.

i was scrolling through my phone and saw i had gotten an email, i opened it with information leading for the cheerleading season and all the practices and games. i saved it in my camera roll and went on with my walk.

i gotten home not that long after that, i was excited to tell my mum about what happened today. yes, nothing exciting happened but i loved telling her about my day. she had mental problems and had slight autism, so telling her about my day always made her happiest. i loved her and she was an amazing mum, she was very strong besides her disability. i was so proud of her, and especially sense my dad left my mum when i was only three months old, after my mum being told that he was gonna stay with her. as it sounds, i was an accident for them but my mum says i am the best accident to happen.

i opened the front door slowly because that's what my mum always taught me to do. i shut it gently and walked over to the couch that my mum always sat at.

"hey hunny... how was your day sweetie?" she asked.

"it was good, seeing karl and bad was very nice" i said then holding her hand.

"what did you do in school?" she asked again.

"first, how was your day?" i asked with a smile.

"picked at the garden, made apple pie, ran to the store, and took a rest. pretty boring adult things" she said.

"you know i said i would help you with doing those" i said then looking in her eyes.

"i know... i know... i just want to give you the best life" my mum said.

"and you did, now... shall we go to the beach? you need a break" i said with a smile.

"yes! beach! you, surfing?" she asked.

"do you want me to? i could sun-tan with you".

"no! surfing!" she said happily.

"do you want to try?" i asked.

"mmm, s-scared" my mum stuttered out.

"it's ok if you don't want to... would you want me to help you?" i asked.

"help" my mum said with a smile.

"then help it is, let's go surfing, mum" i said then holding a hand to help her up.

she accepted my offer and stood up in one swift motion. we both went out separate ways and got changed into our desired swimwear.

i got a bag set up before my mum could, i always tried helping with the littlest things sense she had a hard enough time doing so. i gathered the sun screen, towels, and a few waters plus snacks.

i met my mum at the front door, she saw the bag in hand and so she just walked over happily. before we went i would have to get the surfboard sense it was in the garage but that was it.

"i'll be back, can you wait outside for me?" i asked.

"of course, bag?" she mumbled.

"i'll leave it here, look through it and see if you want anything else added" i said then rubbing her shoulder with a smile.

"yay!" my mum said happily.

i went inside quickly, walked down the hall, made a right, opened the door to garage, grabbed my surfboard, and was on my way out. it took me a good two minutes to do so, which probably felt like ten minutes to my mum.

i went outside to see her happily waiting. i couldn't have asked for a better mum...

the beach was super close to our house so we just walked, and plus it was only like a seven minute walk. and plus it was nice out, nice in florida at least... usually it was scorching hot outside to the point there would be no need to go, but on a nice 95° day was great.

we gotten to the beach making small talk about the future and where we think we'd stand in life. then it occurred to me... dream is always at the beach... i really hope that he isn't there because my mum is going to be hurt finding out that he makes fun of me, or she's gonna think we're friends. and i know my mum, she would invite him over to dinner and to hangout which would just be a terrible thing for me. but i know that my mum is just trying to make people feel welcome, she's not used to a lot of company so when we do she makes sure that everyone has a great time. and i would hate for dream to come over and bully my mum for her autism, yes it is only minor... but it's still noticeable and he will ketch on to that quickly.