six

we had gotten to the beach and i didn't hear or see dream and his friends which was good, usually he brought his football team and friends with him and they were very loud, plus they blasted music so that made it more noticeable.

my mum and i walked around for a little because she wanted to find the perfect spot to try surfing, she was scared she would get hurt or embarrass herself. i felt bad for her because she did feel that way, but in reality it wasn't gonna end up being that bad.

after she found the spot we sat out bag down and i helped my mum put on her sunscreen, we both burn easily and don't want blisters and burns again. for some people it might be like nothing, but for us it's a huge ass problem.

i set the surfboard onto the wet sand and called my mum over. she nervously made her way to me and fiddled with her fingers while staring at the board.

i smiled and stood on top of the board even though i knew it wasn't gonna move.

"can you try that?" i asked and held my hands out for her to grab.

"mhm..." she said quietly.

she shakily grabbed my two hands in hers and stepped carefully onto the board, i could see the proud look in her face when she did it. i was very proud of her, i was scared if she would panic while trying to surf a wave though...

i went through baby steps with my mum and she was gradually getting more confident and happy with it. she was now belly surfing the small waves and i couldn't be more proud, yes i was standing by her side guiding the board so it wouldn't flip, but she wasn't very good at expressing her feelings in whether or not on doing something because of her anxiety, and she didn't know how to communicate easily which makes it harder for her to function.

"you, big wave?" she asked with a smile.

"you want me to ride a big wave? or to show you how?" i asked.

"you ride, me watch" she said then stepping back from the shoreline.

"ok! should i do a trick?" i asked.

"surprise me?" she questioned.

"you'll love it" i said then hugging her softly.

i then ran towards the ocean and had a huge sigh of relief, surfing really did push all my worry's away. i used my arms to paddle over the waves that were about to crash, searching for the biggest wave to ride. i paddled a little further and i found it, it wasn't the biggest wave i rode but it certainly was big. i turned my body around and positioned myself getting ready to ride the wave back. i was thinking i would do a handstand or push-up sense those were probably my favorite ones, and the ones i was most comfortable with doing.

the wave got closer and closer, then before i knew it i was hopping on the board and swaying left and right, riding the wave like no other. i then positioned myself to do a handstand which i did perfectly. i held that for like thirty seconds, i was now washed up to shore then letting my legs down.

my mum looked happier then ever which made me happiest.

"do you wanna try going on a small wave with me? you can sit and i'll stand?" i asked.

"fall?" she asked nervously.

"i'll make sure we don't, i'll promise you" i said with a smile of reassurance.

"ok..." she mumbled softly.

i grabbed her hand and walked into the shore, as we were doing so i heard the loud speakers of dreams crew... great, that's just what we needed. i would just have to convince her to leave early.

"you ready, beauty?" i asked my mum.

"yes!" she said happily.

she loved getting compliments which i completely adored.

i helped my mum sit on the board and i started pushing us to a smaller wave.
i found a small wave approaching from a distance so i hopped onto the board with her. my mum looked pretty scared but i rubbed her back for reassurance.

"it's gonna be fun, i promise" i said then going on my knees.

just for purposes to make my mum feel more comfortable about this i wasn't gonna stand up, and plus it was only a smaller wave. we rode it down without tipping over, which made me very relieved. my mum was so proud of herself and i was too.

"i am so proud of you!!" i said happily then jumping up and down.

"really?" she questioned.

"of course i am!!" i said happily.

"but i'm not as good as you..." said said sadly.

"but that doesn't matter beauty, i will always be so very proud of you" i said.

"thanks, sweetie" she said.

"anytime... now, should we head off?" i asked.

"tired" my mum said then stretching.

"ok, then let's head back home" i said with a smile.

i tried avoiding dreams crowd of people sense i knew that would only lead to trouble.

the point i was most concerned i would be noticed i saw dream point in our direction... shit.

"AYO GEORGIE!! DID YOU FINALLY FIND YOURSELF A GIRLFRIEND?? I THOUGHT YOU WERE GAY ALLLL ALONGGGG" dream yelled out then laughing with his friends.

thank god my mom knew i was gay... now i was scared she was gonna try talking to him...

"aww is that a one of your friends? lemme go say hi" my mum said then happily making her way towards the group of guys.

"mum- let's just go home... please" i said nervously.

"no let's say hi" she insisted.

soon enough i was following my mom nervously like a puppy and i saw dreams confused face.

"hi! are you guys george's friend?" my mum asked.

"mum... i already said they aren't. can we go home?" i mumbled.

"no! friend!" my mum said then pouting.

"mum, those aren't my friends" i said seriously.

"name?" she questioned.

"he knows my name because we go to school together..." i said.

"nickname?" she question.

"i don't know, why don't you ask him?" i said then a little smirk followed my face.

"nickname?" she said after turning to dream.

"uhh- child?" he said rudely.

that was it, there is no fucking way i was gonna let dream make fun of my mum. she frowned and turned to me sadly. i grabbed her hand and walked towards dream sternly.

"watcha gonna do? cry about?! i was only stating facts~" he said then laughing.

i then looked into his eyes, and before he knew it i kicked him in the nuts. i rolled my eyes and hugged my mum.

"common, beauty.... let's go home now. those kids are mean" i said then smiling and trying to pull her away from the crowd.