Chapter 85

Doe's POV:

I quirked up a brow at his tone, staring at the hand he had offered me.

Trying to pretend like the confidence in his voice didn't add to the curiosity this night so far has brought me.

I don't think I've ever seen any sort of confidence from him fully reach his eyes.

It was an interesting sight and one that further added to the challenge that started this.

But if he was so willing, then what did I have to lose?

I grabbed his hand, feeling him gently begin to pull.

Gentle even through that vampiric poise...

It was just enough to help get my feet under me on this seat, keeping my body low through the few crouched steps I took to stand over where his legs now sat straight.

I'll admit... I didn't quite know what I was doing.

What position I was supposed to be in or what he expected of me, but just like with the backrub, I knew I'd figure it out through context.

Our gazes never broke as I moved, and mine only flickered away for a second as he released my hand, both of his hands skimming the back-side of my upper calf.

A small pressure from his first fingers against the back of my knees gave me the hint that I needed.

His hands moved just a little bit further up my legs as I descended, guiding my knees to either side of him with his hold now on my bare lower thighs.

The coolness of his touch felt amplified at this moment. That or the rest of my body just felt hot.

After some quick inspection, I concluded the latter.

Yet another thing I couldn't make coherent sense of, but maybe I'd finally get some answers once he does it.

I didn't know anything more on the subject than just how to give one, so I truly didn't know what to expect.

I just hoped that the lack of knowledge doesn't make me look stupid during an activity I challenged with such certainty.

This is something they taught me multiple times as I grew up. I should know what I was doing.

His hands lifted me again while he shifted his legs and straightened his back, causing me to set my hands on his shoulders for some stability.

I was spiteful of the fact that even now, sitting like this, he was still slightly taller than me.

All while staring down at me with that smirk that had gotten wider since the last time I gave it a glance.

Cheeky vampire.

"So," He began, taking his left hand from my leg to tuck my hair behind my shoulders, "Just one?"

I was told that multiple was typically the way to go, though Khloe only had the one.

"Just one," I repeated.

I just wanted to know what it felt like after all.

Although the anticipation for whatever this unknown feeling was going to be was sending my body into an excitement I didn't understand and was thus left to hide.

I was taught that these sorts of things rarely came by themselves and often followed with some sort of sexual act.

Though, I knew that wasn't what was happening here.

As much as I tried to deny it for no other reason than my stubbornness, I trusted Xander.

"Coming right up," He quietly sang, adding some more light-heartedness to the unfamiliar situation I was beginning to stress over.