Chapter 88

Xander's POV:

I eyed her from where I sat on the bed as she covered up the last of last nights... activities with concealer.

We planned on going into town today just to unwind a bit.

I had a feeling that we'd be getting that letter inviting me and Nico back to our territory here soon, and wanted to have another one of those days before we left.

A purr started in my chest as she got up on her toes, one hand leaning on the bathroom sink while she leaned as close to the mirror as she could to make sure she had them all hidden.

I quickly shifted my focus and looked away to cut it off.

Not because of the reasons I had last night, but because it was almost embarrassing how freely it happened now.

How incredibly easy it was for that part of me to start up whenever it came down to her.

It was like after her words last night it couldn't stop. I couldn't stop.

Especially after hearing how much she enjoyed the feeling of it.

Is this how she feels knowing that I can sometimes sense her emotions?

Except this was only one physical reaction that only came from her.

It seemed that feral part of me was partially awake and had undoubtedly chosen its favorite.

And although I couldn't even disagree, I would appreciate a little more subtlety.

The purr broke through again for only a second as if taking my thoughts and tossing them right into the trash.

Fantastic...

I rubbed my palm up and down my face a few times in some sort of preparation before turning towards where she was again

She stepped back as if she was done, but I knew there was one on her upper neck that she hadn't gotten yet.

Probably because it was on the back-half of her neck and currently covered by her hair, so she just didn't see it.

There was a small animalistic part of me that was displeased with the fact that she was covering them at all, but thankfully the smarter half of me understood.

I lifted myself from the bed and stepped into the bathroom, wordlessly reaching over her to grab the make-up brush she had just put down.

She followed my hand with her eyes, silently questioning my action.

"You missed one," I simply said, using my free hand to get her hair out of the way.

She watched me through the mirror as I used the residual concealer left on the brush to dot over the purple mark.

A little of this stuff went a long way, and it dried almost immediately, matching the color and texture of her skin perfectly.

"I do not remember that one, "she vindicated.

With the daze she was in, I couldn't blame her.

That doesn't mean I'm not gonna tease her about it though.

"What a shame," I sighed, feigning sadness, "I remember it quite well."

I saw her roll her eyes through the mirror in my periphery as I finished up, also noticing her cheeks temporarily shift in color.

Smoothening out the hair I disrupted, I set the brush back into the little box she kept all this kind of stuff in.

"Y'know, I was serious about what I said last night," Her voice had a timid hint to it through her typical straightforward way of speaking, which caused me to momentarily pause.