"Chapter 16"

.·:*¨༺──────⊱⁜⊰──────༻¨*:·.

In the low evening, Erza was dipping her legs on the riverbank. Air crisp carrying the chill that always accompanied fall of the votive candle burning against the burgeoning dusk. Wax pooled as the candle poured down, as the sun dipped below the horizon.

She wanted to take a nap, after a long journey of her mission. But unfortunately she can't, after the nightmare was getting worser each day, and she can't bothered Yuji to sleep with her. After he had a sleep over with his friend after he was back, which is clearly fine to her. The burnished orange light flickering became her sole focus as time passed by.

Ruffling feathers and light footsteps drew Erza from her thoughts. "Finally found you, kiddo." The doctor of Tokyo Metropolitan Curse Technical College replied. Erza lift her chin, as a low laugh came. Who would had thought that someone was finding her. Why she is laughing?

"Pfft-"

Suddenly, Erza white dress was dyed in red. The teen, who just spat out blood had an expression not knowing what just happened. And it's was also the same for the school doctor. Shoko eyes widened, as another cup of blood was spat out after the loud shout. The blood dripped on the water, as her dress was fully blanket in red.

From titling her body, Erza fell letting go of the candle on her lap. Looking at the unconscious body of Erza who was now on the ground. Shoko can't think of anything, but only trembled and flinch. Shoko froze at her spot, not even moving a single muscle on her body. This definitely doesn't felt right.

She never saw Erza had a shortness of breathing, and having a heart failure can only cause a white or pink blood-tinged mucus! And does she have other symptoms that she kept on hidding on anyone?! Glancing down, on her. She looked like a dead person. Shoko kneeled down, her eyes was still shaking in fear.

"Don't you dare close your eyes!"

"Sho.." With a small weak mutter, her eyes slowly opened reflecting her face. Her hand held in her cloth, then fell again. At the same time, her reflection on the Devil eyes user were no where to be seen. Shoko ruffled her hair, their is no way she would let her patient get killed on this unknown symptoms that kept making her suffer.

"Fucking shit.."

.·:*¨༺──────⊱⁜⊰──────༻¨*:·.

Erza makes her body comfortable, her arms was on the side. And her comforter that had been given to her, had been kicked off to the bottom of her feet. Only a small of dim of light, can be seen on the special room that Sho: Shoko, had given to her. She lay awake, lost in her thoughts. The sound of heavy rainfall outside added to the ambiance, but Erza almost found it amusing.

"You'd a Heavenly Restrictions inside your core. And no matter powerful you're, it's will always stays weak. And no, jujutsu or gadget can even heal it. And if you had another heart attack, and jf I'm not at your side or a doctor, you could die."

Erza recalled what sho, had told her when she woke up. Her nose, warmed and as her nose scrunched up as the tears formed behind her eyes. But just as the tears were about to fall, she reminded herself that it was okay. And with that thought, the urge to cry passed. She let out a sigh.

Sometimes Erza felt jealous, at the people who are dying. But, dying infront of someone that she really care? Is definitely unexceptable on her. Why can't she just had a happy life? No suffering, no power just a simple one. If only Erza knew what is the exact date of her birthday. She only whishes a simple one.

And that's was, is to be happy. She never found a four leaf clover, or even tried to blow a dandelions.

"And, I still don't know what is your other symptoms is called. But it's supprisingly dangerous. You almost lost your heart beat when that happens."

"It's fine, it's okay.. You're getting used at this pain.." She remind herself, trying not to let those tears fall. Why does she wanted to cry? She already experienced the worst, she didn't even cry at his Jiji death. And now why she is crying? Is she afraid of dying? Or she is just afraid that Yuji will see her dying? Erza felt so guilty if that scene will ever happened. Maybe in the future it would.

"Yuji.." she really wanted to someone to comforted at this sadness. Looking at the door, hoping someone would opened it for her. Erza lays, silently on the bed. She wishes for happiness but it's never came, if only Yuji and caretaker never appears in her life.

Erza wanted to shout and released this emotions, that kept tearing her apart. But the tears kept refusing to come, leaving her feeling trapped in her own pain and sorrow. The rain outside was falling harder now, the sound of it hitting the windows and the roof was a constant drumbeat that was both soothing and overwhelming.

She felt the tears welling up in her eyes as she lay in bed, remembering all the precious moments she shared with Yuji. She took in a deep breath. It's fine, it's okay. It's definitely fine, after you're already getting used to this pain. She kept those, thoughts pinned on her mind. The tears soon spilled over, streaming down her face and into her hair, as she lay motionless, unable to move. Her breathing became shallow as the sobs began to rise in her throat.

Just why is this happening in her life? Getting chased, abducted, torture, and much more that a people doesn't even want to experience. Erza was a strong girl, so she shouldn't be crying over this right? Her heart felt as if it were breaking into a million pieces if that scene would ever happened.

The tears kept falling, as if the tears would never stopped, from her own saddeness. Then there she was crying on a dark room, and no one had ever comforted her like she used to, this time Erza felt truly alone. As the tears continue to fall, her future plans would shattered instantly if ever something had happened on her body.

Erza lay there, tears streaming down her face, until finally, the tears subsided. The physical toll of her saddeness was apparent, her head throbbed with a headache, her throat was sore from her sobs, and her heart felt so heavy than before. She slowly wiped away the tears that had pooled in her eyes and those that had trickled down her cheeks.

She knew that this saddeness was natural at her, after she had already experienced the worst. As the night drew to a close, the rainfall began to ebb away, its symphony on the rooftop diminishing as the first rays of the sun pierced through the dark grey clouds in the west.

The sun's light peeked through the window and into Erza's room, casting a warm and comforting glow, bathing her in its radiance. The rain stopped and the world was washed in a new day, a new beginning. But is it really a new beginning at her life?

.·:*¨༺──────⊱⁜⊰──────༻¨*:·.

The flowers where blooming, as the current wind brushes lightly against the blackish rose, sending the few petals floating to the air. The petals twisting and turning, while dancing against the wind. As it's swiftly took it away with its currents.

.·:*¨༺──────⊱⁜⊰──────༻¨*:·.

As the wind blew, Erza lowered her head. Clenching her fist, as she stood there. The blew stronger, making her closed her eyes. A light touch, makes through her nose that made her blink in surprise. "You kidding, me right?" She muttered softly, looking at the black petal of the rose.

A small giggle came through. As another strong breeze, hit directly at her direction. The petal gently took off letting the wind's strong embrace take it to its final destination. Erza looked up, as petal flew. She closed her eyes. Just like the black rose symbolises, she really need to have a new beginning and accept the faith that was given to her..

.·:*¨༺──────⊱⁜⊰──────༻¨*:·.