"Chapter 34"

.·:*¨༺──────⊱⁜⊰──────༻¨*:·.

The air of the night sky was so cold that even time itself seemed frozen because of it. The lingering sunlight started to fade and the wind that caressed the tarmac road was extremely dry. Erza listened, to the bustling sound of the city from the distance and walked under the dim lights of the streetlamps by herself aimlessly.

Currently, she is walking torward where the Tokyo Second Colony. The moon hung high in the sky and the time was already nine at night. Mostly, Erza care to avoid sorcerer, and humans as well. At this time, the downtown area was full of people’s voices but the amount of traffic on the roads of the residential areas were far sparser, yet she could still see that there were people doing their own things nearby.

Sometimes she could hear faint laughter coming from one of the houses nearby. Making her felt envy. Erza walked till, she was on the main road, she took a turn and leap across the small street. She kept on walking, and walking just going where her legs took her.

Admiring the different appearances of the homes that slowly went past the corner of her eyes, as she moved forward. And just like this, she walked around for ten minutes. The walls that have stretched out next to her came to its end and the view before her eyes opened up. And so she discovered a park. A park built in the residential area as though it had been stuffed there.

There was a slide and a cube like climbing frame as well as an empty ground that looked out of place but it seemed like there used to be a merry-go-round there. But for some reason, she felt so lifeless looking at it. A creaking sound of a metal, ringed on ears. The swing was moving, even there was no wind.

Under the light from old fashioned streetlights. Erza saw her again. The swing slowly moved with a rhythm as though, she was saying . "I'm Hana Kurusu, Hitori-kun. And, it's fine that you really can't remember me well. But I promised, that I will help you recall whom I'm." Hana's said as her expression gave some off messages. In this time, Erza blinked for a few times, as Hana went towards her. Hitori? Oh, it's the guy name on my dream..

"Okay. But, for exchange. Leave me alone."

As she got, closer and closer a natural warm smile came. As Erza quietly relaxed her nerves. The creaking, sound of the swing rang, at the stillness. Then, all of the sudden. Hana makes a gesture like she was a hugging a bear. As if she is making a gesture, some kind of actual existence appeared in her memories.

"Hitori-kun, stop being so mean. You're hurting my feelings. Do you think. She will be happy, seeing you like this?"

Erza eyes narrowed at her. Her words are the same, like the girl who suddenly appeared on her dream. Do I really know you? Your voice is really familiar..

Her voice, barely, manage to move her dry throat just to squeezed out a sound. Because of an instinctiveness nervousness towards her, both her legs and hands were unable to move. The streetlights lit up sections of the road that were shrouded in darkness. A dark figure slowly walked out from the shadows of the pillars. It was not the size of a human nor did it feel as adorable as an animal.

The black figure was different from humans in a way that was difficult to describe. Also an air of evil oozed out from within it, making one feel disgust from the bottom of their soul. That was definitely a curse. The side of its head also grew two strange structures that seemed to be made of entangled blood vessels and the silhouette made people think of the horns of demons. The curse, gritted its teeth in its two bizarre mouths with a grinding noise like it was growling to intimidate Hana.

Erza's felt, something wet at her clothes. Hana must had, cried off at her words. She is just a young girl, she definitely shouldn't had said that. In order, to soothe her out. Erza embraces her. Her actions, were not to show her excessive strength nor was she looking down on the curse, but she was rather calm.