Chapter 38

*In the previous chapter.*

"Yeah. Now, go Jack. Also inform Leon about it. Leon would be very helpful for this.", said Ash in a serious tone. "Master have chosen us for a reason and we have to live up to his expectation. We can't disappoint him and his training given to us in these three years.", he added saying heroically while seeing the night sky in a serious tone.

"Yeah Ash, we can and we will.", said Jack with a determined look.

*Now.*

*4 days passed.*

Ash is now living in the Prism tower along with Clemont, Bonnie and Serena. Jack had already left to find Goh and Leon. Serena was not willing to leave Ash, so she decided to stay with Ash. All the champions went to their respective regions too. P. Oak and the others went to Kanto from a flight a day ago. Squishy and his friend were hurted but now were feeling good after a long rest. The two cores were now living with Bonnie. The vines made by the two Zygardes were cut down with the help of all the trainers of Lumiose city. Ash also helped in it with all of his grass type buddies.

Now Ash, Serena, Bonnie and Clemont are inside the Lumiose gym battlefield. Time is evening.

"Hey Ash, wanna help me in training? I need some tips from your Pokemons.", asked Clemont.

"Yeah Ash, I also want to see your such cute Pokemons.", said Bonnie with stars in her eyes.

"Yeah, why not. I'll help you, but will this not affect the battlefield?", asked Ash.

"No, I don't think it would create any problem.", said Clemont.

When they was about to start their training, there came a challenger.

"Hey, is the Lumiose gym active now?", asked the challenger as it was evening.

Clemont first sighed but then with a smile, he walked to the challenger. Seeing this Bonnie giggled. "Yes the Gym is active now. You are here to have a gym battle?", asked Clemont.

"Yes I am!", said the challenger in an excited tone. "My name is Oliver and I'm from Snowbell city."

"Well then let's start the battle but there's a problem. Clembot is engaged with my dad so he would not be able to be the referee.", said Clemont with a 'what can I do' face.

Oliver got sad and his face dropped with sadness. "Ok then... It would be tomorrow I guess...", said Oliver sadly and turned back to exit the gym.

"Yeah I think so...", said Clemont sadly.

Seeing the excitement and enthusiasm of a kid changing to a sad one made Ash remember of his own when he challenged gyms. He felt that if he was at his place then he definitely felt the same so he came forward and said with a smile, "Why not I become the referee?"

The kid turned back again with excitement as he was finally able to challenge the gym. But his expressions changed furiously as he saw the face of the one who said so. His mouth was left wide open and his face clearly showed the astonishment. After a moment he was finally able to speak but was sluttering with shock and excitement, "A-Are y-you As-Ash Ket-tc-chum?"

"Yeah, I am. How do you know me?", asked Ash with a confused look. Pikachu, who was on his shoulders, gave Ash a furious look.

"That means...IM STANDING IN FRONT OF THE WORLD MONARCH!!!!!", shouted Oliver in excitement.

As he shouted, everyone who was present there had their eyes opened wide with shock.

"That means you are the World Champion!!", Clemont almost yelled.