Chapter 44

*In the previous chapter.*

"Or... Should I ask, Master?"

But suddenly a voice from behind said something. "Ash, you had that dream, didn't you?"

*Now.*

Ash spotted Aaron approaching him as he looked around.

"S-Sir Aaron?" Ash was taken aback.

"Didn't you, Ash, have that dream?" Aaron was curious.

Ash returned his eyes to the balcony and responded, "Yeah," after a little pause.

"So you saw your future again, huh?", Aaron said, gradually coming towards Ash.

"Yeah, but... wait a minute, you know?"

"Yes, Master told me everything ."

"However, why did I dream that?"

"As for me, I'm not sure. Perhaps Master will know... And I believe he is the one who made you visualize that dream."

"I'm going to speak to Master."

Then Ash took out Pidgeot's Pokeball and called her out.

"Please give me a lift to the Tree of Beginning, Pidgeot. It's urgent ", Ash explained, being very serious.

Pidgeot merely glanced at Ash's face since he left Pikachu behind for the first time, without paying attention to what Ash said. Ash was so focused and serious that he didn't notice Pikachu wasn't with him.

Then Ash leaped off the balcony and landed on Pidgeot's back.

"All right, Pidgeot, let's go."

Pidgeot then cried out and headed to the Tree of Beginning without hesitation after witnessing Ash's serious expression.

While they were on their way to the Tree, Ash had a thought.

"Ash... Please keep in mind what you need to accomplish in the future." Then Arceus opened the gateway to his dimension.

This line was circulating in Ash's head. These were Arceus' final remarks to Ash before departing to his dimension.

"Why did Arceus tell me I had to accomplish anything in the future?"

"I am aware of the Darkest Devastation Master warned me of, but what is my accomplishment What does this mean? That dream, Serena,? What role does she have in my life? And how does this have anything to do with the Darkest devastation?"

But then Ash felt a nudge on his elbow, which made him realize where he was.

"Piddg..." mumbled Pidgeot, her voice concerned.

"W-What happened Pidgeot??"

After then, Ash discovered he had already arrived at his destination, which was the location where Master was always. It had been a minute already since they arrived.

"I'm sorry, Pidgeot, I was distracted by my thoughts..."

Then he jumped from Pidgeot's back and called her inside her Pokeball. He then proceeded to the cave where Master remained.

When he arrived at the cave, he discovered that it was not a cave at all, but rather a tunnel leading to the main chamber. As he moved farther, he noticed several vines hanging from the cave's roof. The cave's walls were covered in vines and roots. The stones appeared to be thousands of years old and were coated with moss. There were hundreds of years old fissures in the walls, and water was leaking from within. There were a few additional little caves as well. He ignored them since they were too small for him to enter. There were some weird stones releasing light, and they were the only source of light in the cave. But then he noticed a bright light coming from the front of him. He ran to the light and entered what appeared to be a large chamber. It was shaped like a dome, and Master stood in the center, his face to the walls.