Chapter 65

*In the previous chapter.*

"Let's go!" exclaimed Leon as he began running towards the power plant. His Charizard, too, took to the air and flew following Leon as he ran toward the plant. Ash and his Charizard were the same. Jack and his Typhlosion, on the other hand, began running as well and followed Ash and his Charizard.

But suddenly they were all shoved back, and Ash, Leon, and Jack were thrown down. Dirt and debris from the sky were falling on them, but their Pokemons destroyed it.

"What the heck was that!" Ash exclaimed as he lifted his eyes from his hand, but his eyes widened in terror as he realised what was in front of him. It was a crimson beam that emerged from the plant's tower's centre.

"It's... been... too... late..." Ash exclaimed in terror as he noticed the beam striking the clouds and creating black scarlet clouds engulfing the sky.

*Now.*

*Prior to the uprise.*

The sirens began to sound throughout the base. There was soon chaos within. Everyone began to run wildly, terrified.

One of the workers came hurrying to Lysander inside the huge lab. "Sir, the stats are overloading!" he screamed, terrified.

"What's going on? This was not meant to happen?! "Lysander exclaimed as he examined the control panel next to him.

"No way..." whispered Lysander in terror as he noticed that nothing was working and that the energy level inside Eternatus' chamber was far higher than it should have been. "Contact Rose immediately!" he cried in dread.

"Sir, we are unable!" exclaimed the worker.

But then, all of a sudden, silence filled the lab. And with that, a slight loud noise, similar to metal scraping, drew everyone's attention who was working there at the time. That noise came from Eternatus's gigantic chamber.

When their eyes fell upon that chamber, their expressions were filled with absolute horror. There was a hole pierced in the spherical chamber. And from that hole emerged a maroon brown skeletal hand that was crushing the walls of the chamber. Their jaws dropped in terror as they saw what was beyond that hole. Eternatus' face was open, and a large reddish-purple ball was forming inside.

"We're... doomed..." were the final words Lysander spoke as a beam emerged from Eternatus' mouth.

It was Eternatus' signature move, Dynamax Cannon.

That inevitable laser of radiation arrived at the speed of light and instantly turned the entire lab into vapours including the workers.

Nobody had a chance to escape. They had also not felt any pain because their bodies had converted into vapours in just mere milliseconds.

As Eternatus attacked the lab, he changed the direction of its attack to upward so that it could escape. The force of the attack was so strong that it converted the soil and rocks above the underground lab into ashes and vapours. That beam shot straight out of the centre of the Energy tower and hit the clouds. The impacts of that beam transformed the dusk sky into a darkened sky full of dark crimson clouds swirling around the spot where the beam struck.

*At present.*

When Jack saw that ray transforming the sky full of dark crimson clouds, he asked, scared, "Is that what we were preventing Rose from doing?".

"Yes...," Ash replied, his voice solemn, his gaze fixed on the crimson clouds as well.

Then, from its top, several rays started spreading horizontally in all four directions. One of those rays landed a few yards behind them.

Then a shockwave hit them from behind, pushing them slightly.

Jack exclaimed in panic, "What was that?!?".

"That," Ash said as he pointed to a Vespiquen towering in the sky with a bright purple glow coming from its body. Seeing Ash's finger raised to the sky, everyone saw a huge Vespiquen becoming larger and larger. The Vespiquen's body was glowing purple colour.

As Jack saw that pokemon grow bigger and bigger, he said, "Random dynamized Pokemons, just like Goh explained.". "Ash, what are we gonna do next?!", Jack asked, panicked.

He remained silent for a moment before turning back to the tower from where the rays were emanating and saying, "Let's stop him before he attains full power! ", Ash grunted.

"C'mon!", Ash said as he hopped on Charizard's back abruptly along with Pikachu hopping as well.

Charizard roared before flying off the ground towards the top of that tower.

"Wait up Ash!", Jack yelled.

"He's becoming anxious by what is happening,", Leon murmured solemnly as he saw Ash going towards it.

"C'mon Jack, we can't leave Ash alone.", Leon exclaimed as he hopped onto his Charizard's back as well. They then flew off as well.

"*Sigh* Looks like you'll get your turn later,", Jack said as he called in Typhlosion and called out Moltress. Then he hopped onto it as well and flew off there.

*With Rose.*

Rose, dressed in his signature grey suit, stood at the Energy Tower campus with his hands behind his back. Then he heard a thunderous boom. That was the signal to him. He backed up slowly, his gaze fixed on the changed sky. The red beam then stopped, and the sky was completely transformed. Seeing that, he smiled softly with his eyes half-closed.

"Finally... They lost control," he whispered, grinning.

On his right hand, was a band like technological thing. It was undoubtedly the Mind Control device of a very large scale designed by Lysander to control Eternatus.

"Now I should do it," he remarked as he raised his hand pointing that device pointer to the sky.

On the other side, Eternatus emerged from the vertical hole formed in the tower. As it emerged, it was twirling in the air like a dragon.

Meanwhile, Ash, Pikachu, and his Charizard approached Eternatus. Leon and his Charizard approached him, as did Jack on his Moltress.

"So... this is Eternatus," Jack murmured, his gaze fixed on the massive Pokemon.

Their presence in the air drew Eternatus' attention. Eternatus' gaze fell on them, and those monster purple eyes stared at them.

But then, a precise orange light came from the ground and enveloped Eternatus as a whole.

"What is it!" Leon yelled as he backed up a little in the air on his Charizard.

Pikachu, Ash's Charizard, Leon's Charizard, and Moltress, on the other hand, were all growling and gritting their teeth at Eternatus.

The ray caused Eternatus to feel pain. It was groaning in pain and slowly touching its skeletal hands to its head. But then it roared, creating a shockwave in the air. Ash, Leon, and Jack were all propelled back in the air by the shockwave.

Eternatus then plunged down to the tower's campus... where Rose was standing.

Eternatus approached Rose slowly and stopped in front of him. Rose, on the other hand, stood bravely in front of it, arms stretched and a gentle yet malicious grin on his face.

With his eyes half-closed and his gentle grin, he said, "The Darkest Devastation of Galar has begun,"

AS THE JOURNEY CONTINUES...