Chapter 57

*In the previous chapter.*

For a while, I felt happy and relieved of the sadness that had developed in me as a result of Serena's departure. Then she broke the hug and asked, her face wide with delight and her eyes twinkling, "When?"

I became more confused than ever. But, seeing the joy in her eyes, I respond by saying, "Tomorrow... evening?"

I knew if I had to go with her somewhere, it would be tomorrow, so I told her this.

Then, with my help, she hopped onto Altaria and then she pecked on my cheeks. And with that, she left for Vaniville. As she flew away from me, I just smiled and gently touched my cheek.

*Now*

The next day's morning.

Ash Ketchum's POV...

"Bonnie, can you repeat those again?", I asked, sweatdropping as it was the 5th time I was asking her about those.

She frowned. "Ash! I've already repeated five times!", she almost yelled, annoyed. And why wouldn't she be annoyed? She had to repeat them five times to me. But it's my mistake either. This date was new to me, so what could I do about this. Clemont, who was sitting behind her was chuckling nervously, as he too was experiencing these first time.

"OK, but this would be the last time!" she said, crossing her hands.

"Before anything else you do on a date, first put a smile on your face, every time."

"Uh-huh,", I nodded.

"Then, before you go to her house, buy her a gift. Something she'd love to have. Then go to her house, pick her up, and take her for a ride. It would be a ride that she would most enjoy."

I nodded once more, understanding and memorizing everything.

"Then you take her to a nice restaurant for a nice dinner and give her the gift that time. I'm sure she'd appreciate your gift." "Then take her to a place where you two can be alone, away from this world." She stopped, still somewhat irritated.

But then, much to my surprise, Clemont spoke up, saying, "And, of course, be romantic with her. Also, express your love for her."

I noticed Bonnie staring at her in disbelief as soon as he stopped. Clemont sweatdropped as he noticed Bonnie's disbelief. "What?" he inquired.

She exclaimed, "W-o-w."

"What?" he asked again, perplexed.

"Big brother, I'm actually impressed that you were listening!" she exclaimed, smiling. But her smile was short-lived, as she sighed and shook her head. "I hope you remember these when I find you a keeper and you go on a date with her."

Clemont's face flushed with embarrassment when he heard that. "Bonnie!!" he yelled, embarrassed.

I chuckled a little because I hadn't seen that in a long time. "Now it's clear?" Bonnie inquired.

"Um, yeah... I guess," was my response.

"Finally!" she exclaimed, sighing.

Oh, I forgot to mention that she was explaining to me the rules to follow before going on a perfect date. And I was actually wondering how a little girl knew so much about this stuff. *sigh* I'll never understand girls. These thoughts caused a small chuckle to escape my mouth.

But then Bonnie yelled at me, startling me back to reality. "Ash! C'mon, we have to pick out a dress for you, and it's getting late. You must also purchase a gift for her too."