prologue

"All men are the same! I hate them! I hate him!", that was what Rosé said when she came to Lisa's house last night.

Bambam who was going to stay the night with his fiancee had to leave to let Lisa comfort her best friend. This morning, he came back with breakfast to eat with her but he was greeted by a hungry looking blonde zombie. He was shocked by how Rosé ate almost half of the food he bought while Lisa only ate one tuna sandwich only.

"Babe, are you sure your best friend is alright?", Bambam asked in a low volume to Lisa who sat in the middle between the two at the sofa.

Lisa quickly shushed him before she looked at Rosé's face on her right side.

"Do you want the cookie?", Rosé asked as she pointed at the one and only chocolate cookie left in the jar.

Lisa shook her head, "You can have it, Rosie."

Rosé thanked her and finished the cookie in a bite.

"Your glass is empty. I'll fill it again, okay?", Lisa said as she took the glass Rosé used to drink chocolate milk from the fridge.

"Let me do that, babe.", Bambam caught the empty glass and pushed Lisa down to sit back. "Tell her to stop stress eating.", he whispered before he went to the kitchen leaving the two women alone.

Lisa looked at her best friend who had cried all night for her boyfriend of three months weakly chewing the food in her mouth. She wanted to tell her to stop eating and stop thinking of the jerk but she just could not do it. She had done it several times before and she found it useless to use the same advice again.

"Why do I always end up like this?", Rosé spoke out of nowhere.

"What?", Lisa asked.

Rosé put the empty cookie jar back on the coffee table and turned to face Lisa.

"Why am I always unlucky in love?", she asked again.

Lisa let out a small sigh before responding, "You're not unlucky. They're just dumb. All those jerks."

"They're the jerks, I'm the dumb one.", Rosé replied with a pout.

Lisa faked a gasp before she shook her head, "They're the dumb jerks, you're just...an unlucky angel."

Rosé did not feel amused with Lisa's words. She just stared without a word before Lisa continued talking.

"Rosie, listen to me. Stop thinking negative about yourself. I know you're a strong person. You're not going to be weak just because of the cheater. You've got to move on and show him that he's done a big mistake. You don't want him to be happy with his new girl, right? You have to be strong and move on from him. I know you can do it.", Lisa showed a fist pump to encourage Rosé.

The blonde haired woman slowly nodded.

"I just want to be in love like you guys.", she uttered before Bambam came back with her glass refilled with chocolate milk. "Where is my true love hiding at?", she added as she took the glass and drank the milk in one go.

Bambam gulped as he looked at how Rosé finished her drink in just a minute.

"Thank you, Bambam.", she said as she put the glass down and stood up.

"Rosie, where are you going?", Lisa asked as she looked up at her.

Rosé formed a smile and answered, "I'm going to find the guy that can be loyal to me and me only."

X●X●

The sound of keyboard hardly knocked over the table brought an evil smile to the man sitting next to the disgruntled player.

"I give up. You win, Jungkook.", Jimin said as he ruffled his hair into a mess.

A small chuckle is heard and Jimin told whoever that was to stop annoying him.

"You lose, give me the money.", Taehyung who was betting with Jimin asked from the back.

Jimin raised his hand that was holding a few banknotes and gave it to Taehyung.

"I told you not to compete against me, hyung.", Jungkook spoke as he finished typing the whole lyrics to their favourite song, Fix You by Coldplay.

"How can you type so fast? It's unbelievable, Kook.", Jimin looked at the keyboard Jungkook used.

"Well, I'm an expert with computer, hyung.", the youngest man in the room said proudly as he stood up to leave the gaming room.

Taehyung blocked him before he could leave and asked where he was going to.

"Sleep. Tomorrow's Monday. We've got work, hyung.", Jungkook replied as he pointed to the digital clock located at the center of the rectangular table they used to put their gaming system.

"Argh...do you need to remind me of Monday, Kook?", Jimin whined from the big gaming chair that can hide him from being seen.

Jungkook looked at him as he was reminded of something, "Tomorrow's the day you will greet our new Vice President, right?"

Jimin nodded, "Why am I tasked to do this?"

Taehyung looked at the unmotivated Jimin while saying, "Because you are the PR exec of the branch, man."

Jimin whined again, "Don't remind me of that, Mr Technical executive."

Taehyung raised his hands in surrender, "You don't have to attack me back like that. I'm out of here."

Jungkook followed Taehyung walking out of the gaming room while Jimin asked with a shout to Taehyung if he is going home.

"My wife will sulk with me if I don't appear at home before 11.", Taehyung shouted back as he went to the front door of the apartment Jimin and Jungkook shared.

Jungkook smiled thinking of how his best friend had changed since he got married. He felt envy to see Taehyung having someone waiting for him back at home and always bring lunchbox prepared by his wife to work. He wondered if he will experience the same thing when he is married.

"Ah, Jungkook. Before I forget, tomorrow you and I will be at the main discussion room to greet our new VP. Be ready at 8. We'll join Jimin and the board members to meet her before others.", Taehyung reminded as he stepped out of the apartment.

A nod was given to him.

"Do I have to be there too? I'm not an executive like you guys, hyung.", Jungkook asked.

Taehyung nodded, "Come along. You might know her, that's what her father said."

Jungkook frowned, "That's what President Park said?"

The elder man nodded again.

"Okay, see you there at 8 tomorrow, hyung.", Jungkook said before Taehyung left.

After the door is closed, Jungkook thought about the Vice President he will meet tomorrow.

"Do I know her?", he asked himself.