46. argument & commitment

Jungkook walked out of the bathroom in his white shirt and pants as quiet as possible after he was done taking a shower

Jungkook walked out of the bathroom in his white shirt and pants as quiet as possible after he was done taking a shower. He did not want to disturb his fiancée who he thought has gone to sleep. He carefully walked to the bed before seeing the light from her phone directed to her face.

"Chae, you still up?", he asked as he reached the bed.

Rosé turned around to look at him as he went to get on the empty space beside her.

"Kookie...I still can't believe it. We're getting married.", she smiled as she showed him the photo of the ring on her finger that she took earlier.

Jungkook smiled back as he pulled the blanket up to his chest.

"I believe it. We are going to get married.", he said confidently as he moved closer to her until the gap between their faces were just a few inches away from each other.

"If it's possible...may I know..when did you think of proposing me? I mean you're pretty caught up with work these few months, we didn't even get to meet much since you left the company.", Rosé asked as she kept admiring the ring on her finger.

Jungkook took her hand and kissed it before replying, "I have my way just like how you had your way of helping me with my project before this."

His action and words made Rosé smitten with him. She felt like crying in happiness just by thinking about how she finally able to win his heart after all the years of longing for him. She never thought he would still have the same feeling for her.

"Honey.."

"Hmm.."

Rosé buried her face on his torso as she engulfed him in a loving embrace.

"Thank you.", she spoke as she hid her teary eyes from him.

Jungkook smiled without asking why knowing that she might be crying silently on his chest.

"I love you.", he expressed as he kissed her temple.

"I love you too.", Rosé said as she looked up to his face before she hid it back down from him.

He chuckled as he held her close, inhaling her foreign and new hair scent that somehow turned him on despite how tired he is from the flight he had a few hours ago. He wanted to speak, to compliment or ask her about the new captivating shampoo smell but his mouth was not able to utter a thing. He tried hard to control himself as he hugged her, not realizing that she already fell asleep in his arms minutes later.

"Chaeyoung?", there was no reply when he finally managed to speak.

That moment he knew she was already sleeping so he wished her good night before he followed her to slumberland.

X●X●

Waking up in the morning, Rosé found Jungkook was not beside her and it seemed like he had neatly tidied his side of the bed. The empty space made her pout as she got up from the bed. She looked at the bathroom and did not hear a thing from there.