35. her fear

Rosé was stretching her hands and getting ready to leave work that day when Jungkook is seen walking towards her office through the glass wall. He looked all smiley and that made Rosé immediately walked to the door to greet him. She wondered why he made an appearance at the 40th floor without her asking him to go up there.

"Hi!!", she surprised him as she opened the door before he could knock.

"Hey.."

"Come in.", she pulled his arm and brought him to the middle of the office. "What are you doing here, Kookie? You haven't come here for weeks. This is a surprise.", she asked him as she stopped near the couch.

Jungkook looked around and nodded, "I'm sorry, Chae. I was too busy with work and my project." He took her hands and intertwined their fingers together, "But now I'm here."

Rosé smiled even though her mouth is covered by a mask.

"Oh, why do you have a mask on? Are you sick?", Jungkook asked in concern.

"No. I just had a little flu this morning but I'm okay now.", Rosé told him as she took off the mask from her face.

"Oh, okay.", he still had a worried look on his face when he said that.

"You still haven't answered my question yet. What are you doing here, my busy boyfriend?", Rosé repeated her first question to him.

He chuckled at her tease before replying, "I...wanted to tell you something."

She gave a curious look at him, "What is that? Seems like a good news, you were smiling when you walked in here."

Jungkook nodded with a big smile on his face, "A very good news. Dongwook hyung. He's going to invest for my pants."

Rosé gaped slightly, "Really?"

He nodded again.

"Finally.", she said briefly.

"I didn't know he has his own company. When he said he has a well-established body care company in Australia, I was shocked. He said he'd invest on my product and introduce it there. I wonder why he came to work here though.", Jungkook talked about Dongwook to her and she smiled.

"Because I asked him.", she muttered.

"What?", Jungkook asked.

Rosé shook her head and was going to change the topic but Jungkook repeated her words.

"You asked him. Why?", he questioned.

"Because he's a good leader at my previous company. A good leader who I want you to learn from. Actually I asked him to show you how to be a good team leader so you can take over his place when he leaves but it seems like your fate is different now. You'll probably have your own company and have a bigger team to lead but I'm sure Dongwook oppa had helped you a lot too down there, doesn't he?", Rosé revealed. "I'm sorry if what I did made you feel like I look down on you but-"

"You help me since that day?", Jungkook cut her off.

She slowly nodded, "Actually I was trying to fix our relationship. I mean at that time, I was trying to befriend you again. I made Lee Soohyuk got fired, asked Dongwook oppa to help you out, he was actually my eyes. You know the person that will keep an eye on you for me. I can't keep stalking you from the cameras, and yes, I stalked you. That's how I know that jerk Soohyuk was going to hurt you that day. I had to do all that since you hated me-"

Jungkook stopped her from talking with connecting their lips together. It was brief and surprising for Rosé. She did not expect that he would respond to her with a kiss. She thought he is going to hate her again for what she had done.