16. major bug

Upon arriving at twentieth floor of ParkTech with a wet umbrella in hand, everyone looked at Jungkook since they were watching Rosé and Dongwook walking to his direction

Upon arriving at twentieth floor of ParkTech with a wet umbrella in hand, everyone looked at Jungkook since they were watching Rosé and Dongwook walking to his direction. When they stopped at the hallway where the elevator is, Jungkook quickly tilted his head down in front of them before he greeted them a good morning.

"Good morning, Jonathan. You're late today.", Dongwook said as the staff that were looking went to their own places to do their work.

"It's raining, I tried to get a bus but I missed it. I had no choice but to wait for a taxi.", Jungkook explained without lifting his head.

"Oh, it's fine then. You can get to work now.", Dongwook simply replied before he stepped towards the elevator with Rosé, leaving Jungkook to watch their footsteps going further away from him.

When he was sure that the two have gone into the elevator, he turned around to look at it and secretly formed a fist in the pocket of his raincoat.

"What is she doing here in the morning?", he muttered as he thought about Rosé's reason for being there at his floor instead of her own at the top floor.

"She joined the briefing.", he flinched before he looked at who just answered his question that he did not meant to ask anyone.

"Jieun noona, you startled me!", he exclaimed while looking around if anyone sees them.

Jieun chuckled before apologizing, "You must've been really shocked until you called me that way."

Jungkook rubbed the back of his neck, feeling embarrassed with Jieun.

"What did the leader say?", he asked her.

"Oh, Mr Lee? He doesn't say much. Just a word of encouragement and he wishes us the best for work today. That's all.", Jieun answered him with a smile.

"Wish the best for us, huh?", Jungkook rolled his eyes in annoyance as he walked in to go to his cubicle. As he sat down, he looked at Jieun who followed him before she put her chin to rest on the partition of the cubicles. He looked at her still smiling like she was daydreaming about something. "Jieun noona?", he called her but she did not respond to him.

"Lee Jieun? Alice?", he called all her names he knew while waving his hand in front of her face.

"Yes, sir. What can I help you with, Mr Team Leader?", Jieun suddenly spoke after he waved his hand harder surprising her.

Her reaction made Jungkook frowned at her. He slowly laughed at her as she blinked a few times.

"Were you daydreaming about our team leader?", he asked Jieun.

"Shhh!!", Jieun quickly shushed him. Her hand covered Jungkook's mouth while Jungkook moved his face away from her. "Don't say it out loud.", she warned him.