18. never forget

Jungkook hid the bag he was holding in his right hand to his back when he saw that Rosé was standing in front of him

"What are you doing here?", she asked him as she tried to calm herself from the shock of the thunder earlier.

Slowly, she stood next to him and tapped on the button to go to the carpark floor. She did not ask him further even though he remained silent. She just quietly looked at her watch before she stared at the floor numbers going down in front of her.

"I'm sorry about this morning.", she suddenly spoke when she remembered what she did to his computer.

Even though Dongwook had told her that everything is fine, she still felt the need to apologize to Jungkook by herself.

"Mr Lee said he fixed it. Did it work?", she asked him, wanted to make sure that his computer is still working for him to do his job.

"Jungkook?", she waved her hand in front of his face when he kept being quiet beside her.

"I just want to say sorry!", Jungkook said in shock startling Rosé with his reaction.

Apparently, he did not hear a word she said after she asked him what he was doing in the elevator. He was contemplating to tell her the reason because he thought she has gone home. He was going to put the tulips in the bag he brought in her office. Even though they were previously given to him by her, he thought it is fine to give it back as a sign of apology but now he had to face her instead.

"Sorry for what?", Rosé asked him.

"Sorry for shouting at you this morning.", he answered in defeat. He wanted to apologize secretly but his mouth already said it to her face. He had nowhere to run anymore.

"It wasn't your fault.", she replied as she looked at how slow the elevator seemed to be moving at the moment.

"It is."

She looked at him, there seemed to be guilt expressed on his face.

"It wasn't entirely your fault.", she told him.

"Do you forgive me?", he asked.

"Yeah."

"Thanks."

"Hmm..oh god!", she exclaimed when the elevator suddenly shaking and stopped moving. "What's happening?", she asked as she saw the floor number 4 changed to an error message.

Jungkook turned on the light from his phone and checked the button panel.

"We're not stuck in here, right?", Rosé asked him, her voice sounded a bit panic as she looked at what he was doing.

"You'll be stuck in here...", he stopped to look at her scared face. "..if you're alone.", he added as he continued clicking random numbers on the button panel.