11. crush

Since the day Rosé joined Jungkook and Jimin jogging at the public recreation park last two weeks, she never missed a day without showing up in front of Jungkook at work

They often saw each other in the morning waiting for the same elevator to go to their respective floors. Jungkook always tried to ignore her but he ended up responding politely so other people will not think he is being rude to her as the boss. Sometimes they met at the cafe and that forced Jungkook to change his mind from eating there to do takeaway to avoid spending time long with her. There was one time when she asked him and Jimin to eat with her but luckily he was quick to leave after he got a call from Soohyuk.

Today is Friday and Jungkook was glad that he did not see Rosé at the elevator nor the cafe. He can go home feeling a little ease, yes, only a little because he still had to help with Soohyuk's project on the weekend. He was going to put his earbuds on when he heard Rosé calling him right after the elevator reached the ground floor.

He quickly put his earbuds on and pretended not to hear her voice as he walked with head down low. He thought it worked out but not until he felt someone pulling out his left earbud. He was startled as he looked up to see Rosé scowled at him while holding his earbud in her fist.

"Give it back-"

"I know you heard me, Jungkook.", Rosé cut him off as she put her hand behind her.

Jungkook tsked at her, "I said it's Jonathan here."

She always called him Jungkook and he always had to remind her of their employer-employee relationship.

"Okay, Jo....nathan. Now, can I speak with you for a second?", she asked him as the elevator behind them opened and a few people walked out bowing to her.

They walked a little further away from the elevator as Jungkook looked at her hand that had the hold of his earbud.

"Are you going to the park this Sunday?", Rosé asked but he did not hear it. "Hello.....", she waved her left hand in front of him.

He blinked in response and asked what she was doing.

"I'm asking you whether you're going to jog this Sunday at the park or not. You weren't there last time.", Rosé pouted as she was a bit sad that Jungkook did not jog last Sunday leaving her with Jimin to jog together.

"Err...I might not be able to.", he told her the truth.

"Why?"

"I'm busy.", he answered in short.

Rosé scoffed, "Busy on Sunday?"

Jungkook nodded, "I'm not lying."

"Are you doing overtime on weekend?", Rosé asked.

"No."

"Then, what are you busy for?", she asked him again.

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, "Other things."