Why is My First LM2 Fanfic So Popular

Ever heard of "Lego Movie 2: The RXQ Emergence"?

It's considered that my first, sometimes a bit bad, fanfic of that same movie has gone popular so far amongst all my other fanfics.

As of now, it has 2.35K reads (as of the day I made this chapter). No wonder many of those fanatics decided to read my most popular book to date.

And you may be asking: "Why does that your book gets 2000+ reads so far?"

I'll just tell some of my reasons why it's so popular. And when I say "my", it means it's based on my personal opinion. It doesn't or does actually reflect on why it was like that.

1) Love of that movie
Obviously, it's the main reason why fanfics exist. Their love of the plot, characters and every little detail in the movie were reflected and loved by the readers. I don't know if that's the first reason, but there are others out there that're been there for years and still gained more reads as I made this.

2) Boredom
Duh.
People really wanted something new. Sometimes they are too tired of reading what was in their library and just want to explore new books that's stacked around the Internet domain of Wattpad. (Ha ha.) All the time, they just hop on one book to another and when they see one that's interesting enough, they go for it.

3) Book cover
As someone said, "A good cover reflects how good a book is". It's obviously true on Wattpad. Writers are making a show-off of their book covers to attract readers, and anyone knows that a book cover with a picture (either borrowed from Google or anywhere else) is so bad that they can't take a look inside. Anyone with a good sense of artistry can compete with the other books out there, and it's obviously the case of "see it nice, read it twice" scenario.
If my story was so popular because of the book cover, then maybe you're glad that you picked the book and see it was so good. It's a good thing I'm an artist, for my sake.
(However, there's a catch on this one. People just want to see what's inside the story and see if the book cover matches what was inside it. It's like seeing an ice cream tub on the fridge only to see there's fish slices inside it. If the story was that good, they'll go on and read it, but when it's bad, they just read a few chapters then go and read something else. It's basically true on Wattpad and on the other reading websites, too.)

4) A good plot
Okay, so the story reflects on the main character becoming a superhero to stop a former villain from ruining his town. It's some classic superhero story, if you ask me, and in my personal view, too. Seriously, no story was there in the first place, and it was just a boy's (or girl's) dream to see their favorite fictional character transform into a superheroic alter-ego version of himself who can fly, punch stuff, move objects with his mind and create weapons out of nowhere to defeat bad guys around him. Yeah, that's good enough that I'm the only one here to make such a fanfic reflecting that movie (really), and since my move here on Wattpad, it was odd enough that I made it to please everyone. It took me months to make it, and months to gain the number I mentioned before. That story was published first on May 2020, so it's obvious it's been there for one year and five months.

5) Relatable characters
Maybe it was some reason I came up with. Of course, people really want to see someone turn to a superhero (as I said), and to see what he can do. (To be honest, I have no other reasons for this one.)

So that's all. Glad that I had made such a story that'll please them, despite some of them who peeked the storyline to see if it's interesting, and I know that's obviously the case where stories are meant to please some people.

Anything I missed? Anything else you wanna know on this chapter? Leave your thoughts in the comments section below.

That's all, thanks for reading, and I'll see you in the next update.