STORY SERIES: Unikitty and the Tales of Myraidinia (Part 2)

Previously...

...Unikitty has been so inspired to a story she heard from the library, and Emmet lets her play make-believe with him with the animals he ACTUALLY stole from the animal shelter... Not for long, something magically happens in the basement room.

***

While our two Specials are away to the kitchen for the takeout order, and everything seems to be a lot quiet at the basement, things suddenly went seriously, well, magical.

As the room still remains empty except for the animals themselves, suddenly, a small window from the top of the room opened by itself and a chilly breeze swoops in from outside, carrying snow and magic along with it.

The snowy breeze made the entire room as cold as the outside, and the snow that came with it magically transforms the whole room into a winter wonderland complete with trees and rocks and a brick wall at the back and front, with the decor around the whole basement suddenly disappearing within the snow.

Once the magic finally subsides, and the whole room becomes a magical winter forest garden complete with a sun that was the still-on light bulb, it became quiet for a few seconds before a white cat, complete with a red winter cloak, boots and a cream white dress, appears out of one of the trees in two legs, acting human.

The cat, named Sophie, looked as if she was confused about the place, like she hadn't been there before. Walking slowly through the snow, she looked around, trying to sense anything suspicious.

From a hole being made out of another tree, the squirrel couple, the Walnuts, appeared out of their burrow and did the same, both having the same looks as Sophie.

"Hey, uh, excuse me, where are we?" Mrs Walnut asked, feeling nervous.

"I don't know, dear, but this place gives me the creeps," Mr Walnut replied.

"You think?" said another voice.

On one of the branches from the same tree the Walnuts lived, Gary the winter mouse appears, now seen wearing glasses and seemingly a green, checkered button shirt and blue jeans.

"What do you think this is, an unknown place?" Gary told the Walnuts. "Well, if I could figure out from the looks of it…" He then paused, like something wasn't right as well. "Okay, maybe I had that same feeling, too."

"Naye, Gary, don't tell me we be trapped in this here winter garden!" Flit chirped in dismay, yellow wings flapping as he went to land near Gary. "I be desperately waitin' for spring to come, and I'm supposin' be headin' south by now!"

"It does make sense for a canary with a pirate accent," Sophie remarked in a calm feminine voice, considering that Flit wears a vest with his breast feathers showing out and having a tiny ring on one of his feet.

She then added, "I'm not sure about this place, too, and I think there might be some reason or another that we ended up here."

"Still no carrots," Puffball went in, coming out from a fallen log that was once the worktable before the magic happens. He was seen wearing a blue winter jacket and a blue beanie. "This place is lacking anything edible."

"He's right," Gary told Puffball. "There's no food, and I'm starting to starve."

They then heard giggles from a grandmother, or so they thought, as a tortoise emerges out of the snow, wearing a grandmother's outfit, complete with moppy gray hair with a babushka, a quilted blanket, and a cane to support her weight.

"The famine has arrived, my dears," Granny Shelly told the others. "It is time the Chosen One will help us soon, to furfill the Prophecy of the Winter Feast."