Working on Fanarts: On Making a Follower's Dream Come True

Ever have the feeling that one night, you were dreaming of something you like, and when you wake up, it suddenly came true all of a sudden?

Well, to replay what happened back at my original story "Heroes of My Universe", Sandra had dreamed that one day, her greatest adventure she wishes to have from her stories she wrote had suddenly came true, and it results in best memories that she and Ken won't even forget.

To tell this, it might be weird if I told you what I did that make me create this new chapter.

Rewind...

A few days ago, a new post from the Pentagon of Random Stuff by PepperRavenBat has said something of "a best dream ever", and had me mentioned in her blog.

She said that right before she woke up from her dream, she dreamt that looked through Wattpad on her phone and saw of a new post from me in this book about me posting fanarts of Unikitty and her gang, the Marevi Five (I prefer simplicity instead of complicated ones), and even of the same Unigang as seasonal deities. (She recalled Richard being the deity of Winter, though.)

Well, after telling her in the comments about this, saying "You're basically dreaming of ME making fanarts of the gang? How weird", she accepted it, but I told her of me having a tight schedule...

Okay, ignore that last part.

Since then, as I re-read the post again and again, something tells me. Something that convinced me to have some time to do something else asides my work.

I told myself in my mind: Hey, MW, if you really wanted to make Pepper's dream come true, why not do it now?

That's what I did.

Reading again on her post, I went to find some ideas, but as I read of the "posts" I "made" in her dream, I noted that she liked the Marevi Five the most. (As if, she loved these guys like they're her favorites. Literally.)

I thought, why not start with that?

So I went to grab my drawing pencils again, browsed into her OC Stuff book for inspiration, and after taking screenshots of her Seagang that she drew herself, I went to plan out on what they looked like, what colors they have, and also their personalities, just for additional details.

Well, it was a bit hard to recreate the gang in my own perspective, but I shrugged it off, grabbed my trusty sketchbook and started making a pencil sketch that somehow looked like this:

I know. Kinda ugly, am I right?

But that was just a sketch. It was basically far away from the finished one.

The next step for that fanart? Ibis Paint X.

Yep, the same drawing app I have used nowadays for my art, and after imported the pic there and adjusted the resolutions, I went to work on the drawing.

(I can provide a speed draw video for that art on YouTube sometime from now.)

Well, it was amazingly good for me to make that poor ugly sketch into a beautiful digitalized masterpiece, and with a brush stroke here and an eraser stroke there, several days later...

...the drawing now looks like this.

(insert gasping face emoji here)

Yep. That looks so much better, right?

To detail the pic here, you can see the five characters in their normal underwater selves and all these were based on the drawings she made. Except for a few details that were mine to start with, to add it off.

(If you're wondering why Spike's eyes were drifting in a different direction instead of forward, it was because he's staring romantically at Butterpearl, his girlfriend. Yes, I did do my research.)

Most of the art were handmade, but for the bubbles, which unfortunately hadn't had any on IPX, I went to Google and downloaded a transparent PNG of bubbles to use. I picked one and pasted it behind the gang.

And once that's done, I made our logos to show that Pepper owns the characters (the Jezabat Sonas logo) and mine of my art style (my MW logo). Located on the bottom right corner, you can zoom to see it closely.

So? What do you think? Does that do make your dream come true now?

(If you could, Pepper, you can post that pic on your Random Stuff book for your followers to see, if I allow you to do so. I can't wait for the reactions they'll get.)

If you're someone else reading this, give this chapter a vote and share your thoughts in the comments section below.

You should be thankful for someone with a gift of digital art to do this to you. Keep dreaming nice dreams, everyone!

More updates coming soon, stay tuned.