20: Calm before the storm

-3RD PERSON POV-

[Y/N]

Y/n made her way through the hallways of the base, down to where the magicians were training. They seemed to be taking a break currenly and Y/n was looking for the six, wanting to ask for their help. She eventually found them sitting near one of the guard towers.

"Ms Red Leader? How can we be of assistance?" Cosmos asked as Y/n approached, getting up and looking at her. Y/n sighed "I have found myself in a predicament," she said. "Would you please follow me to a meeting room?" She spun around and started walking her way to the meeting rooms.

The magicians looked at one another before quickly following, seeing as this seemed rather urgent. There wasn't a word spoken until in the meeting room. Y/n sat down and motioned for the others to also take a seat, which they did. Isa, Vega and Esther on one side of the table with Cosmos, Rigel and Caelum on the other side.

"So, you may be wondering why I brought you here," Y/n began, looking at the six, "Well, I've been informed not to long ago two very valuable soldiers have been abducted," she spoke. The six magicians looked at each other and then back at Y/n.

"These soldiers have very expensive and advanced technology to replace their injured body parts. Now the location of where they were taken to I am already aware of, but now I need to retrieve them," Y/n said while pulling up a hologram screen with the location.

"In the most likely scenario this warehouse belongs to the green army. I was under the impression that their leader was dead, but I've been mistaken." The six listened as Y/n kept speaking, their tone full of anger while speaking about this problem. "This man is a dangerous individual. And while on any other occasion I'd have gone with just some of my soldiers I would like to ask for your help," she said.

"What would you need us to do?" Isa asked, looking Y/n in the eyes. She was ready to help, but she needed to know what the stakes were. "I'm asking for you six to come with me and make sure that I am not captured. Green leader wants me. I know this for a fact... We have some personal grudges against one another," Y/n stated, "It would also great opportunity to see how the magic would function during a mission," she spoke, eyes focussed on the body language of the others.

Isa nodded "Alright, I suppose we can fo that. We need to be careful though," she said. Esther looked at the hologram "And exactly how many people will be there? I mean no offence, but going with a group of seven seems a bit dumb. Woudln't more people be safer?" She asked. Y/n scoffed a little "As I said. I would like to do this," she started, leaning foreward a little.

"I usually do not do the fighting side of the job, that's Tord's thing," Y/n explained, "But this is personal and I have a few bones to pick out of their bodies," she hissed a bit, to the surprise of the six. They could tell there was an artificial form of magic coming from from her.

The magicians made eye contact with one another and then Cosmos spoke up "We'll do it," He said, wanting to see how this would go. Worst case scenario happening was dying and that was quite often a risk that was taken, "Under a condition however," he said.

"If at any point things look to turn for the worse we leave," He spoke, "With or without the captured people," he added. Y/n thought about it and nodded "Very well then. Do you lot have any magical items we could use?" She asked. "The invisibility cloak would be useful," Caelum said, "So would a one way teleportation stone. We take one with us to the mission and the other we leave in a location of safety to get us back there," he suggested.

"We can do that," Vega nodded in agreement, "I'll collect the cloak and stones," she said. Y/n listened to the magicians speak about their ideas and helped form an idea of how to get this all to work properly. Eventually they came to an agreement on how to get in.

"Alright, in an hour we will meet in and take two cars to the location," Y/n said, "You are dismissed for now. Please get ready," she added as she got up and made her way to the exit.

She walked down the halls to where the room where Tom, Matt and Edd resided in for now. The floor almost seemed to tremble due to her footsteps. Everyone had been made well aware of her foul mood.

She knocked on the door. Some shuffling was heard behind the door. The door clicked open and Tom looked at Y/n "What?" He asked, sounding a little annoyed. Y/n scoffed "Edd and Matt got kidnapped. Get dressed in uniform, you're going on a mission," She spoke.

"What?!" Tom exclaimed, a million thoughts hitting in the moment. "Save the theatrics and questions for later. We're leaving in 2 hours," Y/n said, turning around, "I understand you have free time, however it is imperative that you are present for this mission," she spoke before leaving.

Tom looked around and grumbled, the unanswered questions burning in his mind and his heart heavy due to the acquired information he now had. He decided to not make a scene again, seeing that Y/n was in a terrible mood. He went to get dressed in uniform, despite his hatred for it.

Things were going to be...

Interesting