18: Uh oh

~Half an hour after Y/n caught Tom 18:04~

-YOUR POV-

I entered the training room as I looked around for Tom. Surprisingly he was there, wearing the uniform. I was wearing my combat clothes.

"I'm here, what now? You're gonna give me training?" Tom asked in a mocking tone
"You're going to fight me," I said and he seemed taken aback by this, "There is a catch in this case," I added

Tom looked at me, obviously skeptical of me "And what may that be?" He asked
"If you manage to knock me out or out of the ring you may have a full month without any training, bothering from me or Tord and a whole week to spend with Edd and Matt outside of the base," I said

"And what if I don't?" Tom asked, clearly wanting to weigh his chances.
"If you lose... Then you'll be used for an experiment of mine," I said, "It has to do with that monster side of you," I added as he seemed to think

"Alright," Tom said, where is this ring you speak of?" He asked as I signed to one of the soldiers to open up the ring.

The ground below Tom and I rose up as an announcement of a challenge was sent through the base. Soon a lot of soldiers were gathered around, below the ring

Pau and Pat showed up to monitor and guide the fight as they usually did when either Tord or I was challenged.

Tom seemed to get nervous at all of this and I looked around.
"My my! Look at this Pat! Our leader has a challenger!" Pau said through the mic
"I can see Pau, and it's a new recruit as well!" Pat said.

"How about we explain the rules for our newer soldiers who haven't seen a ring challenge yet?"
"Good idea."
"The rules are simple. If a fighter is knocked out or kicked out of the ring they lose."
"Weapons lead to immediate disqualification."
"Simple as that!"

"Alright! We want a fair battle. No weapons, no kicking below the belt!" Pat announced.
"We have on our right, one of our two amazing leaders! Y/n Lasson!" Pau said as the crowd of soldiers erupted into cheers.
"And on our left we have a new recruit and experiment, Thomas Fridgewell!" Pat said and the crowd gave some boo-s.

I saw some magicians who had gathered around as well to see what the fuss was all about.

"Now remember to fight fair and show your strength," Pat said. I got ready for the fight, getting into position.

Tom got into his fighting stance and I stared him down. "3... 2... 1... FIGHT!" Pau and Pat exclaimed and I started circling Tom.

The crowd was cheering me on, only fueling my need to beat this guy down.

Tom charged and swung at me. I was quick to dodge as I swiped him off his feet. He was quick to roll out of the way of my kick, but didn't see my fist as it collided with his stomach.

He let out a grunt of pain and propelled himself up, getting a good kick against my side. I quickly brushed it off and blocked his next punch with a kick.

Tom grabbed my arm and threw me across the platform. I used my boots to stay on it and I tched.

'He really wants that freedom huh? If that's the only way toget him to work then so be it. He's going to get it now.'

I looked up to see him charging at me and I elbowed him in the jaw, careful not to break the extremely expensive visor.

I grabbed his arm dislocated his shoulder and held him in the choke hold.
"You're not as strong as you believe you are," I growled in his ear.

Tom was obviously in pain and yet still he kicked me in the shin, causing me to let go of him, and used his other arm to land a punch directly where my stomach was.

I coughed up some spit and wiped my mouth as I glared at him. Tom's glowing green eyes glared right back.

I kicked him in the back of his knee as he hit me in the chest with quite a lot of force.

I hadn't had this much fun in a challenge in years! This was the best fight I had yet. An actual equal opponent.

I took a second to breathe before charging right back into attack. It seemed like the cost of this battle triggered something in Tom, making actually try.

The battle went on for a good ten minutes before I hit Tom in the head and kicked him in the stomach, making him fall of the platform, making me victorious.

The soldiers erupted into chears as some medics went to check on Tom.

"And there we have it folks! Our leader is victorious as we expected!" Pat said.
"That sure was one hell of a fight though!" Pau said.

The platform lowered until it was even with the floor again. I walked to the medics who were checking up on Tom.

"What do you want? Humiliate me further?" Tom barked at me. I just chuckled in response. The fight had calmed me a lot.

"I came to tell you that was the best fight I had in years. Congrats. You get a week off," I said and Tom's eyes looked at me, in pure disbelief.

"What. You're just messing with me, right?" Tom asked, narrowing his eyes. I shook my head "You deserve it," I said before walking off.

-TOM'S POV-

I didn't understand what just happened. One moment Y/n hates me and tries to gut me alive and the other she just gives me a week off.

I knew that Tord didn't give a shit and would've just insulted me or made fun of me, but Y/n was so weird.

'Damn women are strange.'

-TORD'S POV-

I was doing work when I heard Y/n was battling Tom. I would've loved to see Tom get his ass handed to him by Y/n, but I was too busy to go watch.

I sighed as I signed some paperwork and checked over some things our department needed. That was when something weird happened.

My arm started beeping and I looked at it. A green and a purple dot showed up on a holographic map. They were outside of base and moving at a lot of speed.

I knew those dots meant Edd and Matt, and I also knew that the two would never leave Tom behind so they had to be taken by someone.

I had to inform Y/n quickly. Then the two dots disappeared off the map amd I couldn't track them anymore.

'Shit'