16: Troubled thoughts

~The next day, August 20th 09:00~

-YOUR POV-

I had barely slept last night after we got back to base. Tord had thrown up and Pau and Pat were completely passed out.

I'd been extra irritable and had snapped quite a lot at soldiers for small mistakes. I could feel everyone was scared of me, but I couldn't help it. I was too tired to think straight, yet I had to keep working.

As I was working there was a knock on my office door. I grumbled under my breath "Enter," I spoke as I worked.

A soldier walked in, a spy to be exact. I sighed a bit and looked up from my work.
"Darcy Constantine here, ma'am, back with the status report on the yellow army," the soldier spoke.

"Tell me," I said as I sighed a bit. Darcy modded. "The yellow army is keeping them to their part of the alliance. They've been building underground shelters in case of nuclear fallout. Currently yellow leader is ill, but it's nothing more than a light fever according to the medics," she said.

I hummed a bit "You may exit if that was all. Document your time and lock it in the file's cabinet," I said, Darcy nodding and saluting me before leaving.

I leaned back into my chair and sighed a bit. I really needed to relax a bit. Yesterday hadn't helped with relaxing at all and I just needed some sleep...

'I'll just take a small nap...'

I closed my eyes only to open them when Tord walked in. He looked tired and was obviously hungover. I grumbled a bit as he walked to his desk and a mutual feeling of tiredness was shared through when we looked at each other.

"Go rest Y/n, you look like a fucking zombie," Tord grunted as he started working. "I'll rest when I'm done with my papers and the new design of my exoskeleton," I said and Tord put my paperwork on his desk.

"I'll do it. You need to rest. I heard you almost shot someone earlier so you need to get rest," Tord said and I huffed.
"Fine, but if you make any mistakes I'll lock your robot arm for a full day," I said as I left to my room.

When I got to my bed I crashed down on it and closed my eyes, hoping for some sleep. To my luck, I fell asleep.

-TOM POV-

I hated it here. I hated the people, I hated the training. Everything was so stupid. I barely even had time to speak to Edd and Matt outside of all the training. It was so stupid. I just wanted to go back to how things were when Tord was gone and I didn't know Y/n even existed.

I was walking through the halls when I decided to disobey all the orders that were keeping me from going to the basement and I went down. There was an iris and finger-print scanning machine and I cursed a bit.

They'd updated the security. This made me annoyed to a point I decided to just walk away when the door opened. I quickly his behinf one of the boxes as two soldiers, carrying what seemed to be a body bag out of the place.

I took my chance and quickly slipped in. I'd been wearing my casual clothes instead of that ugly ass uniform and so I looked very out of place.

The halls of the cell blocks were concrete and silent, giving an eary feeling. I walked through the halls. Each door was labelled with a name and number. Some cells had special instructions and I stopped to read one.

"Bella Dunham, 207, Traitor. Interrogation at 16:00, don't feed," I read quietly to myself.
I took a step away from the cell as there was loud banging, someone pleading to be let out.

I quickly walked away from that place, deeper into the halls. The room names changed to torture room and interrogation room. I kept on walking, soon there's just a long hallway, no doors but one at the very end.

There was laughing behind the door, talking as well, but it was just one voice. "Oh! There's someone new! Haha!" It said
"Thomas! Thomas! Haha! Hello Thomas!" The voice laughed. I wasn't sure what this person was but I took a step back

"No! No! Don't be scared, come closer! I can't harm you, even if I wanted to," The voice laughed. I hesitantly went closer.
"Who are you and how do you know my name?" I growled a bit as I asked

"Now now, no need to be so aggressive," The voice said, "I can hear things others can't, they tell me what happens. Well actually, he tells me what happend. His name is-" I couldn't hear what the voice said- "and he knows everything," it said

I sighed. It was just some insane person and I should've left, but I didn't. "You still didn't tell me who you are," I grunted.
"I'm no one, I'm everyone, I'm you, I'm me. I'm your friend and your enemy. I'm what makes you be. Open my door and I'll show you the way everyone is going to live, or die. Hehe! It's so fun," It said and I sighed, starting to walk away.

"No! Wait! Please, don't leave. I'm just playing around. I just heard about you by other people and I'm able to see you from under the door. I'm iKa, it's a boys name," The voice said and I turned around.
"It's lonely here and I don't want you to leave," iKa said

I grunted "What do you want from me?" I asked as I looked down at the door.
"Some company is all I ask for. Stay for a bit, I'm sure no one will notice you're in a place you shouldn't be," iKa spoke and I grunted at this.

"And what's in it for me?" I askss and iKa laughed a bit at the question, he slid a paper under the door.
"I know more about this place than any other soldier in here, if you need information... I have it," he said

I took the paper and saw notes in an almost child like style of writing. It contained plans about ruling the world.
"Fine, I'll stay for a bit..."

"Great"