10: Learning new things

-EDD'S POV-

~August 11th 06:59~

I was asleep soundly when there suddenly was a shock of energy in my legs. I yelped and shot up, looking around in a slight panic.

'I am still in the room I went to sleep in yesterday... So all of this is not just a nightmare'

I looked over at Tom and saw him sitting in his bed, looking around with his glowing green eyes.

"Good morning Tom," I said with a yawn.
"Morning Edd..." Tom said with a small sigh.

Then Matt fell from the bunk bed "Ow..." He said.
"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.
"Yeah..." Matt said as he rubbed his head and sat up.

"Did you ever get a chance to look in the mirror?" Tom asked and Matt jumped up from the floor.
"No! I'm going now!" Matt said and he grabbed a uniform (the normal red army uniform) and a towel from the closet before  entering the bathroom.

Not five seconds later there was a scream of terror

"MY FACE!" 

Tom and I looked at each other as Tom facepalmed. Matt came out with a look of dismay on his face "My face is ruined! why didn't you tell me Edd? why!?" Matt asked, making dramatic gestures to his face.

"I'm sorry Matt... I didn't want my ears bleeding..." I replied and Matt pouted.

Matt went back to the shower and was done in just five minutes, which was very unusual for Matt.

'That's new...'

Tom got up and grabbed an uniform. He stared at it in disgust before he threw it back into the closet "I am not wearing that shit," He grunted annoyed and he grabbed a blue hoodie and black pants from the closet before he went into the bathroom.

Matt looked at me "Edd... Do you have any idea where we're supposed to be?" Matt asked me.
"At the training hall?" I said, questioning it.

"I know that, but where is that?" Matt asked and I shrugged at that. Then Matt's eye projected a hologram of the base. We looked at it and two green dots highlighted two spots.

One was our room and the other is the training hall I assumed "Woah... that's awesome!" Matt and I both said in awe.

We took a look and we noticd that the training room was down the hall, to the left and the up the stairs. We also noticed that we were on the first floor of the base and that the base had four floors, two outside areas, a plane hangar and a basement.

The ground floor was the cafeteria, Red leaders' office, meeting rooms and infirmary. The first floor was all the rooms where the soldiers slept. The second floor wss the training area, gun range and the armory. The third floor was the lab and the communication centre. And the fourth floor was high ranks only and it also had Red leaders' rooms.

The basement had the cells. Tom got out of the shower and he looked at us. "So my visor is waterproof... Lame," he said.

I got up and I walked to the closet, grabbing one of those uniforms. I quickly showered and put it on before leaving the bathroom.

"What time is it?" I asked
"I don't- 07:26," Tom said
"How did you know?" Matt asked
"It just appeared in my vision," Tom said with a shrug.

"We should get going now... Before we are late... Tom are you sure it's a good idea to disobey orders right now?" I asked gesturing to his clothes.
"No time to change it," Tom said and he left the room.

Matt followed quickly and I left last, closing the door behind me. We walked to the training area and when we entered I felt all the eyes on us.

I uncomfortably shifted as I looked around for Sam. Then Sam walked up to us and slightly frowned when she looked at Tom.