15: Old friends

I kept my gun aimed at the two people as I growled a bit "What do you want?!" I snarled, not sober enough to deal with this right now.

"That's no way to greet an old friend, don't'cha think?" The female voice of my former friend said.
"I asked you a question," I growled, "Answer me."

"No need for the gun, Y/n," The male that stood next to the female said while the female smirked and pushed up her glasses.

It had been quite a few years, but I could recognise those two anywhere. The fact that I didn't notice them sooner made me feel ashamed. Those two were both quite good at hiding though.

The female was an old friend of mine, Gabrielle Devilhood. I'd known her for long, but hadn't seen her for a while. Her short black hair now had red tips. Her left ear had two piercings on the top and one on the bottom and her right ear had one piercing at the tip and two at the bottom. Her black coloured eye and a red colored eye had never changed though. The scar on her red coloured eye on the left was the same as always

She was currently wearing a black turtleneck and a red and black checkered flannel. Her black pants had chains that connected on the side. Her shoes were black with red designs and lace.

The male was her best friend, assistant and basically brother, Nathaniel the wind. I'd known him just as long as I knew her. He'd gown out his curly dark blonde hair and was taller than Gabrielle by a few inches. He didn't seem to have any piercings, but he did have a necklace with a key on it on. There was a scar, barely visible in the streetlight, on his neck.

His emerald green eyes were gleaming, almost glowing in the light that came from the streetlight while he stared at me. His shirt was a periwinkle colour as he had a dark blue overcoat on it. His pants were a black colour while his shoes were simple black trainers.

I lowered my gun slightly and he growled a bit "Talk," I said as I glared at the two.
"We're not here to do harm. We actually tracked you down to warn you," Gabrielle said

"Warn me for what? I've got everything perfectly under control," I said as I set my gun away.

Nathaniel, or Nathan, as everyone called him shook his head "You might have now, but things might go south very soon," he spoke calmly, not caring about my attitude.

"There's-" Gabrielle pulled out her gun and shot at an alleyway, there was a yelp and a thud- "people from the green army on the loose," she said.

Nathan dragged a bleeding man from the alleyway "They're everywhere," he said as he slit the guy's thoat. They took some stuff from his pocket, including that logo I recognised... The green army logo.
"That one had been following you all, all night," Gabrielle said.

'That means... holy shit... Green lived...'

I felt my stomach turn at the thought and I shivered as I looked at the two and sighed "Well, thank you for warning me," I said as I looked at the guy.

It was weird to think I had to watch out. I was so used to being the one in power that I sometimes forgot that I had enemies who were equally strong as I was.

"We'd also like to discuss a new alliance, since the one your parents made has come to an end," Gabrielle said as Nathan was disposing of the body and making sure there were no witnesses nor evidence.

I'd almost forgotten Gabrielle was the new leader of the black army now. She and Nathan used to be soldiers, but they, climbed up the ranks fast, with their silver tongues and teamwork. And in the end they took over the army when the old leader died.

"Ah, yes, of course. How does in two weeks sound?" I asked as I looked at them.
"Sounds good to me. What do you think, Nathan?" Gabrielle asked.

"Hm?" Nathan looked up from the dumpster he was filling with... Gasoline? He shrugged as he lit the match and tossed it ino the dumpster, setting it on fire.
"Sure, we don't have any meetings on that friday," he shrugged as the dumpster went, boom, sending bits of flesh and trash flying across the alleyway that was now on fire.

"Nice, seeing you again, Y/n. We'll see you soon, hopefully under different circumstances," Gabrielle said as she turned to leave, Nathan in tow.
"See you soon," I said as they waved.

I got in the car and drove to the base.

'Man today was strange'

-NATHAN POV-

I hadn't seen Y/n in quite a long time. She still was the same as always. When we were young, maybe twelve or so we'd spar and wrestle to check who was the strongest. With we I meant: Y/n, Tord and Gabrielle.

I was never too keen on the whole 'Hand to hand combat' I preferred long range or even just being science-y in the lab. I knew how to fight, but I left that mostly to Gabrielle.

"She hasn't changed a bit," I spoke as Gabrielle chuckled, "Very true," she said.

"We need to monitor these green soldier pop-ups. We'll be able to track back to their base and destoy them before they can do any real harm," I said and Gabrielle sighed a bit.
"I'm aware," she said, looking at the stars.

"Aren't they beautiful?" I asked as I looked at the sky as well, "Yup, but you know what's more beautiful?" She replied.

"That one hot guy from the bar?" I asked as I looked at her and she chuckled. "Exactly," she said
"I mean that ass, damn he looked good, I'd hook up with him," I said and Gabrielle laughed.
"You'd fuck any guy," She said and I punched her shoulder lightly, "I have standards!" I huffed as I crossed my arms.

Gabrielle laughed more "Where? Below sea level?" She asked and I gasped, fake offended.
"How DARE you," I gasped, making my British accent even thiccer than it was, making Gabby choke on air from laughing and we stopped so she could catch her breath.

"It's true," She said between laughs. I rolled my eyes "My standards are higher than your height," I said, "But then again, that isn't that high," I smirked and she huffed as she hit me over the back of the head with a random sandel she found.
"Rude"

"You're the one who started it Gab," I reminded Gabrielle and she just huffed. "Oh whatever, let's go back to base and hunt some geen army soldiers," Gabrielle said and we did just that