11. Matt's day

~August 15th 04:00 ~

-TORD POV- 

Today was Matt's birthday. I woke extra up early in the morning to leave a present for him.

I've been working on a modified gun for a while now. The gun looks like a mirror, but I programmed it so Matt could use his robotic eye to turn it into a gun.

I worked pretty hard on it and  hoped he'd appreciate it. I grabbed the 'gun' and I left my room, wearing my uniform in case I bumped into any soldiers.

When I got to the room where Edd, Matt and Tom were staying, in I bumped into Y/n.
"What are you doing here?" We both whisper yelled at each other.
"Bringing Matt a present" we both whispered at the same time and then we laughed a bit.

"What did it you make?" Y/n asked
"I made him a mirror that turns into a gun," I said
"I made him a music box with his favorite melody," Y/n said and we nodded at each other.

We openee the door and saw Matt, Tom and Edd asleep. I smiled slightly at the sight of them sleeping so peacefully.

I put down the present in the middle of the room. I could feel Y/n's smirk press in my back.
"What?" I whispered as I turned around.
"Just the way you're looking at them... You really care way too much," Y/n said, making me roll my eyes as I walked out of the room.

"Yeah sure... You brought a present too," I replied as Y/n closed the door.
"To earn his trust of course," Y/n said and we walked back to our rooms.

I laid back down in my bed and I fell asleep.

-MATT POV- 

~06:59~

I woke up and I felt sad. Today was my birthday, but I'd have to spend it training and exercising to get 'stronger'. I sat up and I wondered if Edd and Tom would do something nice for me.

I looked to the single bed in the corner of the room and Tom was sitting there looking a little puzzled, questionmarks displayed on his visor.

"Tom?" I asked.
"What do you want Matt?" He asked.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"7am," Tom replied.

I nodded in response  "Oh and Matt?" Tom said.
"Yes?" I asked.
"Happy birthday... Even though we're stuck in this hellhole, it would be unfair for me not to wish you a happy birthday," Tom said and I smiled

"Thank you Tom," I say and then I hear shifting on the bunk at the bottom.
"Good morning Matt... Happy birthday," I heard Edd mumble from his bed.

"Thank you Edd... Wait... Shouldn't we be training?" I said and I quickly got out of bed.

I then spotted two neatly wrapped gift in the middle of the room. One of the gifts was wrapped in red wrapping paper and it had a purple bow on top. The other one was the opposite, it had purple wrapping paper with a red bow on top.

"Did you guys put those there?" I asked
"No" Tom and Edd simultaneously said in a confused tone. There's was note on each of gifts.

I grabbed the one with a red bow first and read the note.

Note: Dear Matt, I'm sorry for what happened and what I did to you, but I hope that you can understand that it's all for the best. Anyways... Happy birthday! I hope you'll like this gift! It took me a while to make. Have fun!

 ~Your old friend,
Tord

I opened the gift and saw a mirror

'Oh wow how nice! Now I can be reminded how terrible my face looks'