6: Survivors and regrets

-YOUR POV-

Pat lead us to where the thirteen survivors were. Two people were awake and they stared at us in fear.
"Don't be afraid," I spoke.
"We saved your lives," Tord added.

"And all we want in return is your loyalty," I said and the people looked a little less scared. A soldier took them to one of the sleeping areas for soldiers in training and Pat showed us eight more people.

"They are all wounded pretty bad... But they'll make it," Pat said.
"You told us there were thirteen survivors," Tord said.
"We've only seen ten," I added.

"Yes... The other three are in a separate room because we weren't sure what you want to with them," Pat said as we walked into the room where those three were laying.

I looked at the three beds and Tord did so too. I heard Tord gasp as I just stared at the beds; Tom, Matt and Edd were laying on them.

Tom's 'eyes' were covered in blood, Matt's right eye was completely missing and his jaw looked out of place and Edd's face looked fine mostly, but his legs were definitely broken.

"How are they holding up?" Tord asked in the tone he often used to when he's trying not to panic or cry.
"They are still breathing, but barely... We took some x-ray pictures and the results are... Well you should see for yourself," Pat said and he handed us the x-rays.

They all had a few broken ribs, the bone in Edd's upper legs were crushed to dust, Matt's jaw had many cracks in it and Tom's skull had cracks around the eye area.

Tord looked at Pat "Could you please leave the room? My sister and I need to discuss what we are doing with them," He asked Pat.
"Yes sir," Pat said and he left us alone.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked.
"I... I Don't know...Edd... Matt... Even Tom... I mean I never liked Tom, but he didn't deserve this either..." Tord said.

He felt horrible because he got attached to them... That was why we leaders don't make friends... Only allies.

"I get that you feel bad because they were your friends. So let's do this: We operate on them and give them robot body parts where ever they need it. Like in Edd's leg, Matt's jaw or Tom's eyes. We'll give them robotic replacements just like yours," I said.

"Yes, we'll do that!" Tord said and he smiled.
"And we'll even install tracking devices in the robot parts so we can find them," I said.
"Yea- Wait, Did you install a tracking device on my arm?" Tord asked squinting his eye.

"What! Pffft no! Don't be silly! I'd never do that!" I said and he squinted his eye more.
"You are a terrible liar, you know that, right?" Tord said and I chuckled.
"I wasn't trying to hide it. Yes, I did install a tracking device but only I have access to it," I said and Tord nodded.

"We should also take some of Tom's DNA to see about the monster thing," I said.
"Yeah! Imagine. Monster soldiers! That could be amazing!" Tord grinned.
"But first we need to do these," I said motioning to the guys laying on the beds.
"Ah, Yes," Tord said and we began.

~Five days later, August 1st 10:00~

We checked the bags Edd, Matt and Tom had with them and they only had a few clothes, food, a weird teddy bear and the magic sword.

Tord stopped working on the giant robot for a while and we'd been doing a lot of research on Tom's monster side. We made blueprints for the robotic body parts the guys were getting.

I put down a paper when I heard knocking on the door "Come in," I said since Tord was in the lab and he couldn't answer. Pau walked in with a worried expression.

"What is it Pau?" I asked.
"Ma'am there are six people on giant wolves saying that they know you outside," he said
"Let them in," I said.

"Are you sure? They're all wearing black armour that is probably bulletproof an-" " I said let them in" I cut Pau off in a stern tone.

"Yes ma'am," Pau sighed.
"And fix your name plate... It's always upsidedown and it is starting to annoy me," I grumbled. Pau nodded and he left.

'He's not gonna fix his name plate, is he?'

I put my paperwork aside and I got up. I walked towards the entrance of the base where I saw Isa, Rigel, Caelum, Cosmos, Vega and Esther.

My soldiers looked very cautious and Luna was growling at every soldier. I walked to them. Isa spotted me and she waved.

"Hello, what brings you here?" I asked.
"The blue army is coming closer to us and they are with meany more than us," Isa said.
"Come with me to my office and we'll discuss more there," I replied.

"Where can we leave our wolves?" Esther asked.
"Just let them here," I said.
Isa turns around and whispers something to Luna. Then all the wolves laid down.

"Can we go?" I asked. Isa, Caelum, Esther, Rigel, Vega and Cosmo nodded and we started walking towards my office.nWe reached it and I let the six armored people into my office.

"Please wait here as I get my brother," I said and they nodded. I speed walked to the lab and I went to the room where Tord was looking over the production of the robot body parts.

"Y/n? What are you doing here?" Tord asked.
"I came to get you. We have visitors," I said and Tord nodded.

He nodded at the scientists and we started walking back to our office.
"Who are these visitors?" Tord asked curiously.
"Remember how I told you about the magicians? Well they are here," I said and we went to into our office.

"Really?" Tord asked.
"Yes, and they need our help," I hummed. We reached our office and we entered.

Isa, Vega, Esther, Cosmos, Caelum and Rigel turned their heads to us "Who is the man that looks extremely similar to you?" Vega asked.
"That is my twin brother also leader of the red army," I said and we sat down.

"Greetings, I am Tord one of the two leaders of the red army," Tord greeted formally.
"We are Caelum, Vega, Esther, Cosmos, Isa and Rigel. We are from a small town nearby and we are being threatened by the blue army so we came to ask for help," Caelum said.

"We have too many people that can't fight for themselves," Isa said.
"Okay please tell us where the blue army is coming from," Tord said as he put a map on the table. Esther got up and she pointed at three spots near their town.

~after discussing how you're gonna help 13:00~

"So it is agreed you will send your best men with us so we can attack the blue base before they can actually attack your town," I said.
"Exactly. We'll bring them tomorrow" Isa confirmed.
"Great! Then it's settled," Tord said and we shook hands.

"We'll see you tomorrow red leaders," Isa said and they went to where their wolves were, us following.
"Woah! Those are some big ass wolves" Tord whispered.

"I told you," I said and we waved the group of magicians goodbye. We returned to work.

~August 2nd 10:05~

Tord and I were sitting in our office when someone knocked "Who is there?" I asked.

"Pau and Pat, red leaders," I heard Pat say.
"Come in" I replied.
"Sir, Ma'am, the magicians are here," Pau said.

Tord and I got up and we started walking towards the area the magicians should've been.

'Great! Now we can see their warriors!'