4: Vulnerability

CHARLOTTE'S POV

Walking into work my tummy bubbled with dread... I was drunk and made a complete fool of myself. Disappeared for a week and now I'm back and I have to fix what I broke.

"Everyone will forget about it... I do stupid stuff all the time." Florence tried to make me feel better. "You're their actual friends... I've known them two weeks," I tell her. "They all love you. It's fine." "I'm going to go find Robert."

I knocked on his trailer door and waited for him to open it. Trailers were finally on set and it meant that production of the film was so close to starting. "Hey, Kiddo." "Hi... I just wanted to apologise." I say looking at my feet. "Don't sweat it." He tells me. "You want to come in? it's cold out." I nodded and walked up. "Coffee?" "Please." He made me one and we sat down. "I didn't mean to get so drunk... I just." "You were being a kid. That's fine. You're young, go for it." He encouraged.

I chewed my lip. "How's your grandpa?" What? How did he know? I swear If Flo has said anything I'm going to kick her ass. "I overheard your phone call." "Oh." Sorry, Flo. "He's home... My friend's parents are staying with him to help." "What happened?" "The bull on the farm-"Farm?" "I live on a farm yeah," I tell him with a smile. "The bull charged at him... Broke his ribs and his leg and foot. But his heads okay so that's the main thing." I was exhausted. "Everything was taken care of back home?" "No... But I had to come back to work... I might just go home and forget about it all." "Anything I can help with?" He asked I met his gaze. He reminded me so much of my dad I just wanted to burst into tears when I looked into his eyes. Breathe. "Unless you know any farmhands, no." "I could find you one... Or a few." "It's okay... Really. I'll fly home at the weekend to sort it out. I just-"Kid... Let me help." "I'm really sorry about the other day at dinner and the bar. I was a total train wreck. Thanks for looking after me." I stand up resting my mug on the coaster.

"Charlotte." "I need to go apologise to Lizzie. So I will see you on set." I rushed out and I went around the back of the trailers and take a few deep breaths to steady myself. Do not cry. Do not cry, do not cry. I repeated over and over again.

I composed myself and went to find Lizzie. I apologised and she was completely over it like Robert was. I offered to take her to dinner to make up for it. "I would really like that." She smiled blushing. "Good, I'll pick you up at 8," I tell her. "Dress code?" "Jeans and trainers." "Classy." I laughed. "You'll like it. Promise." I assured her. "I'll trust you." She smiled. "See you later." I hugged her and as I was making my way to my trailer I bumped into Scarlett.

I looked at her but it may have looked like I was looking through her. "Lottie, can we talk." "I'm really busy," I say. "Well, will you at least tell me if your Grandpa is okay?" I turned to look at her. "He's going to be fine. Some friends are taking care of him until I can get home." "Get home?" "I mean filming for this hasn't started yet and I doubt I was the best choice for the role-"You're not giving this up." "I'll be at Rose's party on Saturday... The dress arrived." I tell her before rushing off to find Tom. He was my safety net here. I barged into his trailer without knocking. "Dude!" He called holding his towel. "Oh please like I care," I say brushing him off. "You're so annoying." He complained grabbing his clothes and going into the bathroom again.

"How's Mr Kloss?" "He's been better but he'll be okay with a lot of rest." "Going to be hard for him." "Yeah, very hard," I say. "How's the bull?" "Back in the pen. I reinforced it myself so it should hold him in." "You seem nervous about it." "The bull is as big as a car... And as aggressive as-"You?" "Hey. I'm working on it." I chuckled. "You have stopped hitting my chest when I annoy you recently." "Exactly. Changed women." We both laughed.

"When do you have to go to hair?" He asked. I checked my watch. "45 minutes." "Same. We'll walk over together." I nodded. We were having our consultations today about what they're doing with hair. I'll find out if I'm wearing a wig or if they're going to do something with all my hair. I'm hoping they'll use my hair, but it is a lot of work so I won't hold it against them.