15: Feelings...

FLORENCE'S POV

She planted kissed down my neck as she undid my wrap dress, I rolled my head back giving her more access until I stopped her put my hands on hers. She was a respective woman and stopped immediately looking at me with concern. "Are you okay?" I nodded fighting with myself. "Are you sure?" She brushed my hair off my face tucking behind my ears. "We can just watch a film... There's that new one on Netflix." I smiled at her nodding, she tied my dress up not complaining that I just stopped something despite indicating it.

"You put it on and I'll make the popcorn." She told me taking my hand and pulling me through to the lounge. I should tell her. I should tell her. I know I should tell her. "Do you want anything to drink?" She called to me. "I think we still have some milkshakes from the other night." I hear her say. "Yeah sure, whatever you're having," I say back sitting on the sofa and wrapping myself in the blanket that laid there.

I put the film on and waited to start it. She wouldn't be much longer. I was right she came through with our drinks and popcorn. "Are you sure you're okay?" She asked me concern filling her eyes as she looks into mine. I find myself nodding. You should have told her. You need to tell her. She sat the popcorn between us both of us leaning against the arm of the sofa our feet pointing towards each other. I pressed play on the film and we watched in silence. I wanted nothing more than to go lay with her right now but I couldn't bring myself to move.

She caught me looking at her and she opened her arms. I shake my head no and she frowns but didn't say anything wrapping her arms back around herself as they were before. The film came to an end and I had to tell her.

"What's wrong, Flo?" She asked cupping my face as we stood in the kitchen together. "I can't do this anymore." She frowned confused as hell. "This us thing," I say clearing it up. "Okay." She said with a smile. "Is there someone else?" She asked seemingly happy for me. "No." "Oh." She said turning back to face me putting the dishes back down in the sink.

"I tried not to. I tried to push them down but I couldn't and now they're there and I can't stop them or make them go away and I just. I'm sorry." I rambled nervously for her reaction. "I'm glad you told me. I don't want to hurt you or lead you on." "No, I know," I assured her. "Do you need space or can we still be us without all that? What do you need me to do?" She asked being her caring self. I hated how easy she made things. If I didn't hurt her in the first place we'd be together her feelings wouldn't have melted away.

"I don't know yet." "Okay, well when you know. Tell me." I nodded she went back to cleaning the dishes. I wiped down the counters as she did that. I hugged her from behind my head resting on her back as I was shorter than her by a few inches. She turned in my embrace. "I don't want to lose you." "You don't have to worry about that." She mumbled against my head, she pecked it and rested her chin on top of it. "I ruined us again." "You didn't ruin anything. We both knew this couldn't be a long term thing." I nodded. "I just wish... I don't know." "We have memories. And we have each other. The sex, it was-"Good." I say she chuckles. "Yeah... But it didn't add to us. You're my best friend and we blurred that line a few times but at the end of the day you'll always be the person I call to help me hide the body." "And you'll be my person too."

We pulled away and I flicked my eyes between her eyes and her lips if it was going to be the last time it happens. Then so be it. I kissed her with all I had everything I felt, it took her a second to respond and she let me kiss her for a few seconds before she pulled back, I lent back in but she stopped me. My eyes were blurry from the tears. I lost the best thing I ever had. "It's hurting you. And I can't do that to you. Not now I know." "Why can't you be a bitch?" I asked. "Well I'm just the perfect person, you know how it is." She made me laugh.

"I'm staying over tonight by the way." "I assumed it's 2 in the morning," I tell her. "I didn't know that." "Yeah, we left the bar pretty late," I say. "I could have sworn it was like 9 when we left." "Try midnight." Her eyes widened. "Maybe I shouldn't have driven us home." "Oh defiantly not. You were 100% over the legal limit." She pulled a face making me laugh.