11: Nutcracker

Everyone was here to support her on opening night. Florence had cried three times since we arrived. It was so sweet how proud she was of her.

Lottie thought she was surprising her grandpa when she performed in London next week but he was here surprising her. Tom and Florence were looking after him. He was actually younger than I thought he'd be. I guess he must have been a young parent. Or working the farm has kept him young. He was still walking with a walking stick because of his injury though.

Lizzie was here with her sisters. And her grandpa was talking to her none stop. Did Lottie not tell him about me? Guess I'm not her girlfriend so why would she have mentioned me. Everyone had flowers for her after the show.

"Her grandmother performed this 30 years ago at her age...now our baby is doing it." He said tearing up as he looked at her photo on the sign. We take our seats in the boxes at the sides of the theatre we were all separate. Lizzie was with her sisters in one Flo Tom and her Grandpa in another. And then both Chris me Brie and Robert in another.

She looked amazing on the stage she was born for it. I shed a few tears watching her it was such a beautiful show. Everyone threw flowers on the stage when they took their final bow.

"Tonight was a very special show. 30 years ago in this very stadium, the nutcracker was performed for the first time here. The leads were played by Lilly Kloss and Henry Pike. 30 years to the day later their amazing talented grandchild both performed the same roles doing amazing to honour their grandparents." I smiled softly as Lottie came back on stage her male lead holding her hand showcasing her.

"Owen Pike and Charlotte Kloss." Everyone clapped for them. "THAT'S MY GIRL!" I heard her grandpa call out. She was looking around she saw him her eyes welled up her smile expanded and she waved. "I just want to say a huge thank you to my grandfather for helping me pursue my dreams and assisting me in getting her today taking over his legacy," Owen said handing the mic to Lottie. "I love you Grandma, you've been my inspiration my entier life and I'm sure I made you proud tonight." She looked up at the sky and blew a kiss handing the mic back.

Everyone cheered.

We waited around on the ground floor of the theater for Lottie to come out. Her grandpa was singing her praises. "Wasn't she amazing?" Lizzie asked Chris and I. "Breath takingly amazing." Chris says. "We all knew she was talented," I say, Lizzie smiled at me. I was trying not to over step with her, I know her feelings towards me.

Lottie came out from the stage door and ran to her grandpa dropping the flowers she had in her arms and her bag. She held him so tight. "I missed you so much." We all hear her say to him as she held on like he'd disappear. "You made your family so proud... They were up there watching you." He told her cupping her face in his hands making her keep eye contact with him. "Eddie would be bragging about you... I can hear him now." A tear slipped down her cheek. It was a really emotional moment the pair shared together. And the surprise clearly meant a lot to Lottie from the huge smile that grew on her face when she noticed her Grandpa. I knew she loved him a lot and cared about him and he clearly cared about her too.

"Go say hello to your friends." He let her go. She went straight to Lizzie who kissed her and praised her and told her how amazing she was. She introduced her to the twins whilst they were close. They praised her too. They're going to dinner before the Christmas party together.

She went to Flo and Tom next. Florence was crying. "You did it." "I did it." She said back to her friends. Tom picked her up spinning her around. "Opening night baby!" He cheered jumping with her in his arms. Mr Kloss watched the three friends with a fond smile.

"Kloss-y," Chris said hugging her. "Ballet isn't as boring as I thought." "I'll take the compliment." She says giggling her nose scrunching. I smiled as she did. "You did amazing." I tell her standing away from her, I could feel Lizzie watching us. She hugged me tight. "They'd all be proud of you," I tell her, she squeezed me tighter in response.