30: Nomination

CHRIS' POV

I knocked on Scarlett's door and I heard giggling from the two occupants of the house. "He'll go away." I hear Scarlett whisper put not very successfully. "Don't be mean," Lottie warned her. I knocked again. "Go put a shirt on." She says I hear movement before the door opened.

"Hi." She said smiling as she smoothed her hair out. I smirked at her and she scrunched her face up smiling. "I'm not interrupting anything am I?" I asked teasingly as I stepped in. "No, Scar's nearly ready." She tells me. "Sure she is," I say amused as we walked to the Kitchen. "Drink?" She asked going over to the almost finished bottle of wine, which explains their giggliness. "Yeah. I'll take a beer." I tell her as she filled her glass up. She went to the fridge and got me one out opening it before handing it over to me. "Ready to celebrate?" I asked her. "So ready!" She said with a smile.

Scarlett received her Oscar nomination this morning. Which is huge. And also she won her case against Mark for the assault, she has a restraining order. The courts couldn't prosecute because there was no evidence as it happened years ago but she was able to have measures to keep him away from her. She was a good person and didn't want it to go public and ruin his career but his employers would be told to avoid this happening again.

When I found out I have never felt more guilty in my life. I worked with him. I was on set when it happened and I never had a clue and she went on like it was nothing all these years, working with him and getting on with her life. I'm her best friend I should have noticed. I was very drunk when I found out and I wanted to kill him so I'm glad one of us had a level head for once. Tom told me Lottie could be fiery if the right buttons were pressed and from what I remember Mark did press those buttons, the fire in her eyes was burning bright yet she didn't act on it. She knew Scar wouldn't want that.

"BABY!" Charlotte called through the house. "10 minutes." Lottie rolled her eyes, I chuckled. "She's never been on time a day in her life. "BABE!" Scarlett called out. "Yeah!" "I can't find my top." Lottie looked around and saw it on the table before scooping it up and giving me a sheepish smile before running up to Scarlett.

I laughed at them. They were very in love with one another and they were enjoying life. Lottie was technically living at RDJ's house but she was here a lot of the time. Robert liked having her around from what he's said. To him, Tom and Lottie are like the children he never got to have. It was nice for him to finally have that relationship, to guide them to be their mentor. He's advised them both in so many different choices already. And he really cares about them it's nice to see.

"LOTTIE! Your phone is ringing." I called to her after noticing it on the counter. "Answer it," Scarlett said coming down in Lottie's dress she was just wearing. She always steals Lottie's clothes, it's like an ongoing argument they have. But Lottie always gives in to her. She picked up Lottie's glass of wine and sipped it whilst I answered. "Charlotte Kloss?" "This is her phone, can I take a message?" I asked not having a clue who it was. "We wanted to congratulate her on her nomination for best-supporting actress in Avengers: The new rising." I didn't know what to say my mouth opened and closed like three times. "Okay, um. Thank you. Yeah, this um. This is amazing. She'll be so happy. Thank you." I say.

"Who was it?" Scarlett asked clearing the bottle of wine away after pouring the remainder in the glass she was drinking from. "LOTTIE!" "I'm coming." She said I could hear her heels on the wooden floor. "Who was it?" Scarlett asked again now frowning.

"Your phone rang." "Did you answer it?" I nodded smiling at her. "You're being creepy." She told me sitting beside Scarlett at the Island. "Who was it?" She asked taking the glass from Scarlett and sipping from it before setting it down. "Earth to Evans? Who was it?" She said amused. "Has he been smoking something?" She asked Scarlett. She pulled a face. "You've been nominated for an Oscar." Her eyes went wide for a second I thought she stopped breathing. "You're kidding?" "Nope." "OH MY GOSH!" Scarlett screamed jumping up. "In what?" She asked. "Avengers, supporting actress," I say. "You're lying." She was in shock. This was her first nomination. For TV. She's won Emmy's for her performances on the west end and broadway. She's won a fair few but this meant she broke the into TV. She's making it.