38: A Total Disaster

When Scarlett and I came downstairs after getting ready for the day we did not expect to come down to world war 3. Mel had kicked off over something, Karsten reacted now they're arguing. Adrian took all the kids out because it was that bad. I guess our music in the room was too loud for us to hear any.

Scarlett was standing in front of me her hands behind her back she was fidgeting with her rings, something she did when she was anxious. "IT'S ALL HER FAULT!" Mel screamed and threw a mug across the room in Scar's direction. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to me protecting her head with my other hand. She gripped my top in her fists. "I got you," I whispered. "It's her fault." More things were being thrown around towards us. I spun us so Scar wouldn't get hit I had a mug hit the side of my face as I did this before it fell by our bare feet and smashed. I ducked us behind the island.

"Mum stop. Stop! Quit it!" Christian tried. But plates and cups were being thrown around and the shouting was getting louder. Hunter crawled over to us. "You okay?" Scarlett nodded. "You?" "Yeah," I say letting go of Scar slightly so she could hold her brother.

I stood back up and went over to Mel. "Stop. Stop." I tried. "You're ruining your life." She told me. "Being with that waste of air. She's a disgrace." "Why do you hate her so much? Why can't you see how amazing she is?" I asked her and she shoved me against the island my back slammed into it, I hissed in pain. "Mel just calm down." I tried. "You're scaring your kids." Christian had Nessa with him shielding her, she was crying shaking.

Karsten was trying to calm her down. "Break up with her now." My eyes went wide at the kitchen knife she held in her hand. "Break up with her." She told me again. I shake my head. "Lottie." I couldn't take my eyes off of the knife to even look at Scarlett behind me. "Break up with her or I will hurt you." "Then you're going to have to hurt me," I tell her standing up straight. "Because I'm not losing her," I tell her. "You're more stupid than I thought." She told me. I shrugged my shoulders. "Please just take a moment to think about this and calm down." "You told me to wait until after Christmas. I waited. Break up with her." "No," I tell her flatly. She stepped closer to me.

"Lottie. Lottie please." I looked over my shoulder. "Just do as she said." "No." "We're over. we're done." She told me crying, Hunter holding her back. "Charlotte, just say it, it'll be over with." Karsten tried to convince me.

"Lottie. Please." Scarlett begged. I looked back at Mel. I took a deep breath. "Are you going to do it or not?" I asked her. She didn't say anything. I reached for the knife and took it from her and put it on the counter beside me.

Scarlett ran to me and jumped up. I carried her out taking slow breaths trying to stay calm. I just had a knife pulled on me. I put Scarlett on the bed and start packing our clothes. "What are you doing? Please don't leave me." "We're leaving. Rose me and you. Together." I tell her still pulling our clothes out of the draws. "Lottie she won't let me leave." I knelt on the floor in front of her. "I know you're scared... But I wouldn't be a good girlfriend if I let you stay here and I can't stay here. Rose can't stay here, she could have gotten hurt today." "I know." She cried. "But she's going to hurt me." I shake my head. "It'll be okay." Hunter told her coming in. "Go pack." He told me and I went into Rose's room to get her things together. Hunter stayed with Scarlett I'm assuming speaking to her about what had just happened.

"Hey?" I looked over my shoulder. "Hey. You can come in." I tell Christian. He sat on one of the beds in here. She was sharing a room with Lola so there were two beds in here. "Thank you, for protecting Scarlett the way you did." "Not a big deal," I say folding Roses clothes up and placing them in the case. "It was. To her it was." I shrugged. "You not just folding because you were scared it proved that you really did love her. You'd protect her feelings over your own safety. It's stupid but it meant a lot." "Well I love her, and I'd do anything for her." "Mum has never been the greatest with Scarlett... I can't remember when it started. But mum had an episode like this... That's how Scar got her scar." I nodded. "We made her stay. She was 17 and we all made her stay and we should have got her out. We should have protected her... You didn't even give our mum the chance to hurt her." "She's been hurt enough don't you think?" I say zipping up the case. "Yeah, she has. Please don't let them or anyone hurt her again. We've been pretty shitty older siblings." "She loves you guys," I tell him with a short smile. "We should have done more."