35: House Hunting

After an amazing holiday, we were finally home. Lottie flew straight to LA for a meeting with the producers for Marvel and I was on a very long flight sitting in the middle of my 8-year-old and Florence. Tom and she were both heading to London so we all got the same flight. Lottie offered to come with and move the meeting but she had done so much for me I never thought the flight would be so quiet. Rose didn't say a word. She didn't warm up to Florence the whole trip and after I told Flo she can't just stop being friends with Lottie we haven't spoken and still are not speaking now. I know Lottie will forgive Flo eventually. She's forgiven her every time and I'm sure Florence has forgiven Lots for her mistakes too. They're best friends I know it will work out. But this flight I hated every second of it. I was bored I had no one to cuddle with or lean into to be able to be comfy enough to at least nap for some of the flight.

"That flight was torture," I tell Lottie holding the phone to my ear with my shoulder whilst I unlock the door to her apartment. She laughed down the phone. "You're being dramatic." "No one spoke for almost 17 hours. That's a whole day Lottie." She laughed more. "My five-hour journey was great!" She bragged. "Who were you sat with?" "Lizzie and Hemsworth." She says. "Chris let me nap on him for the whole flight." "Rub it in why don't you," I say putting the keys on the island as I walked past to the bedroom. "How weird is it we're in each other's houses," I say picking up her picture on the bedside of her and her brother. "I don't like it. The house is too big without you here." She says and I smiled. "The apartment is great." "Wait until tonight then you won't be so smug when you want someone to cuddle with." She warned. "I was thinking." She started and then paused I waited for her to continue. "Maybe when you get home we could possibly, maybe, um...start. Only if you're ready... looking for a place together?" She was adorable how nervous she got to ask me that. I've been ready since we came back from the farm when I told Charles we were dating but I knew Charlotte wasn't nor was Rose. Now I know they both are. Rose adores Lottie she thinks she's the coolest person to grace the earth and she trusts Lottie which is important. "I'd like that very much," I tell her, I couldn't stop smiling. We're going to be moving in together. "Yeah?" "Yeah, I've been waiting for you to be ready," I admit. "LA or England?" I asked her. "Well, we have the farm in England. And the apartment. Besides we'd be spending most of our time in LA so it makes sense to get a place out here right?" "Yeah, I just didn't know if you were ready to make the move official. Like actually become an American." I teased. "I will always be British thank you very much. But all your family is in the states. I wouldn't make you leave them." She's so thoughtful. "Why don't we both look and then we can make appointments to view them for when I'm back." I suggested, "sounds good." I was in England for a few days making sure Rose settled back in okay and then was flying home. Lottie was going to be busy with work so I had no rush to get home knowing I'd get more attention from her being away than being there. She's more likely to answer my calls and texts if I'm away despite her being busy. But if I was home she'd be focused on her work and ignore me. No matter what I did to get her attention. I'd sulk about it and then she'd feel bad.

"Oh, Roberts invited us to the alps for New Year. Are we confirming or do we have plans?" "Yeah, Colin has Rose so it'll just be us to though." "I hate having to share her." I could just picture her pout. "Are you just with me because I have a cute kid?" I asked. "1000% it's the only thing you have going for you." She joked. "Oh really!" "Yeah." We both laughed. It felt weird being away from her. We spend the night away from each other every so often most nights but only if Rose is home because we don't want her to feel too overwhelmed with it all. "I miss you already," I tell her laying down on her side of the bed, the sheets had been freshly washed they didn't smell like her perfume. She must have changed them before she left with Rose. "I miss you too, already got one of your sweaters on." She says, my phone vibrated and I checked my messages, she had sent me a picture of her in our bed in my hoodie smiling.