45: Wrap Party

CHRIS' POV

Lottie and Scar threw the wrap party for this film. The house was full of the cast and the team, producers, directors, writers, lightning sound. Everyone was here. They don't have people over to their house often, they keep their home to themselves, I guess they were still settling in though, every time I come over there's been a change made somewhere in the house. Most of us were out on the dance floor, the music was loud and I was glad they didn't have direct neighbours because we'd definitely be keeping them up right now. Robert and Susan came because Lottie invited him despite him not being on the cast this time.

Our parties are always the best, everyone has a laugh, everyone gets drunk and this time we have freshly made pizza's on-demand, I've had four so far. They're great.

I go over to Lottie and Scarlett who was in a world of their own as usual they were dancing like no one else was in the room. "How are the two love birds?" I asked bumping into them with my butt. "We're good," Scarlett says wrapping her arms around Lottie's neck. She seemed sober, I frowned. "Not drinking tonight, we have an early flight to London to pick Rose up." Lottie clarified. "Right, I thought it was unusual for you both to be sober." I joked with them. "Yeah not easy to deal with with this one completely sober," Scarlett says. Lottie laughed "You're mean." She tells her. Both of them had these big goofy smiles on their faces whenever they looked at each other.

"Are you enjoying the party?" Lottie asked me, going back to dancing with Scar. "Yeah! You guys really pulled out all the stops." "Scar did it all." "She just signed the checks." Scarlett was clearly joking. Lottie just went along with her jokes not caring at all.

It began raining and I looked up at the night sky, "We should head inside." I tell them. They were laughing looking up too. Everyone started to run inside as the rain got harder. Of course, it would rain when we were all having a good time. "Girls?" I tug Lottie's arm but they were in their own world. I ran inside, my white shirt starting to go see-through from the rain. I ran in and watched from the windows of the back lounge, they were dancing around out there laughing in the rain like crazy people.

"It's sickening," RDJ said from beside me. "How in love they are." He concluded. Lottie spun Scarlett holding her hand. "I've never seen her so happy," Florence said admiring the scene. It was like something from a movie. "I have to let her go." She whispered. "We both do," Lizzie says watching too. The whole party was watching them.

They looked into each other's eyes and Lottie said something. Scarlett froze for a second before Lottie frowned and they pulled away, Scarlett ran quickly inside. I looked towards her but she rushed past everyone. I looked at Lottie and saw her looking down in her hand... The ring. Oh my gosh...She looked so upset.

"You take Lots I'll take Scar," Robert said I nodded and went outside with a jacket. I don't even know who's it was. I put it over my hand as I went out to her. "Lottie." "She walked away." "Let's go inside." I tried. "Lottie!" She looked towards the doors and saw Scar coming back out with a box in her hands. Robert nudged his head for me to come inside and leave them.

"A sufficient no would have been enough Scarlett." I hear Lottie say, she's really upset. I've only seen her look like that when she's been acting in a scene at work. "Lots' grandpa sent Scar the family ring," Robert tells me. "Oh my gosh. So they've both been planning to propose." He nodded slowly.

We close the large sliding doors to give them some privacy but everyone was glancing in the direction of the windows to see what was going down. Robert was filling up everyone's glasses to try and distract them. It was failing. They went under the bar shelter so they were out of our sight now.

-----

LOTTIE'S POV

"A sufficient no would have been enough Scarlett," I tell her as she comes over to me, I go under the bar set up to shelter from the rain that was less enjoyable now. My suit was completely soaked my heels were covered in mud from our grass. I put the ring in my pocket. Clearly won't be needing it. "Will you listen to me?" Scarlett asked me, putting the brown box on the bar and opening it up. "Sure." I went behind the bar kicking my shoes off and finding a clean glass and poured myself a drink. "I got this in the mail, a while back." She tells me pulling out a black box. "Great... I'm happy for you?" I say, unsure of what she wanted me to say to that. We get mail all the time. "It's from Charles." I looked up at her before downing my drink. This is going to be fun. "What did he ask you to run away from me when I asked you to marry me? Look I know it wasn't romantic or-"No it was, we were dancing in the rain. It was perfect." "Okay, but you ran away from me... So what was it? Did you not like the ring? Because I picked it out thinking it was different to the one Colin-"I loved the ring." "Then what? Was it me? Do you no longer want to marry me?" I asked trying to keep my voice strong. I was hurt. Extremely hurt. "No, I want to. Will you listen?" She asked. "Are you fricking smiling right now?" I asked pissed. "Lottie. Listen... With your ears. Not your mouth." I rolled my eyes and looked at her pushing my lips in a straight line. She took out a smaller box from the black box. "Your Pops wanted me to give you this." She showed me the ring. I recongised it immediately it was Grams' With the blue stones and the diamond in the middle. "He gave me his blessing." She blinked back some tears. "I didn't run away, I ran to get it. To ask you because I didn't think ahead and keep the ring in my pocket waiting for the perfect moment as you did." She points out.