29: Waves

"How was it?" I asked her when she came into the room, she was in all her ballet gear and her duffle bag on her shoulder. "Okay." She said dumping her bag on the desk chair. I was still in her room, I haven't even gotten dressed I was still wrapped in the bedsheets. I had been in and out of sleep all day in between facetime calls with Rose. She wants to come to London to where we are. She's been trying to convince her dad to bring her all day. She wants to visit the farm. I tried to explain to her I wasn't going to the farm but she wouldn't listen to me.

"You're being quiet," I observed sitting up slightly holding onto the sheet. "Just tired. It's been a long day. Probably should have listened to Taylor." She shrugged talking her hair out of the tight bun. "You sure that's it?" "Yeah." "Um. I'm going to shower, wash the hair spray out of my hair." "I could join you?" I offered. "I'm not really in the mood." "I could wash your hair for you." She nodded. I smiled and followed her into the bathroom, I held the sheet whilst I adjusted the water temperature, she undressed completely in silence.

We got in the shower together, I washed her hair like I said I would once the conditioner was rinsed out she turned to face me. "You miss him?" She nodded. "Hit me when I was dancing to this dance from swan lake. Grams and he used to play it all the time in the house. Act 2 Pas de deux." She told me. Normally it would be a total turn of hearing her speak french, it just did something to me but I knew she was sad and it wasn't the time. "And I just felt this wave of sadness." I wiped her tears away and pecked her forehead. "I think I'm going to skip out on the farm... Go back to Roberts." "You can stay with Rose and me," I tell her not wanting to be away from her. "We'll see, don't want to rush this." She tells me. I pecked her lips showing her I'd do whatever she wanted.

She brushed her hands through my hair, I held our bodies close. "I'm so incredibly in love with you," I tell her. "Me too." She said back tearily. "I'm here." I held her close to me and she ducked her head down hiding it in the crook of my neck. "Dinner in bed? Movies and Ice-cream?" I asked her. "Yes please." "What do you want?" I asked helping her out and handing her a towel. "Something with lots of carbs." She had been eating clean for about a month to get ready for her audition. "Pizza, burgers and fries it is." She tried to smile.

I changed quickly and ordered room service, Lottie sat on the floor in front of the mirror doing her hair like she did every time she washed it, she'd brush it out, put hair oil in it, then a heat protectant before blowdrying and straightening it. It was the same every time. Only this time she decided to braid it back.

"Food should be about 20 minutes," I tell her when I hung up the phone. "Thanks." "So how do you want to spend our last two days in London?" I asked her. "With you." "That's a given," I tell her sitting beside her on the floor. I borrow her brush and comb through my hair. "I'll braid it for you if you want?" She offered. "Thanks." She knelt behind me and did her thing.

"What's next for us?" She asked not looking up from my hair. I admire her work. "Well, when we're ready for it hopefully a house," I say. "What about if we get work in different cities? Countries even?" "We've made it work so far." "Because I was coming back to you for half the week." She told me still not looking up, I continued to watch her through the mirror. "We'll make it work." She nodded. "You got the part in the new Disney movie." She tells me casually. I frowned. "How do you know?" "Overheard a conversation." She shrugged. "And you got the part in the Westend?" She nodded. "So London and LA." "Yeah, I haven't given them an answer yet." "Why not?" "Because I also got a part in a film with Florence. Still in London. But it's filming at the same time as the shows." "Florence?" She nodded looking at me through the mirror.

"When did you audition for that?" "I didn't they called my manager, heard good things from Roberts wife who produce the marvel film and they offered me the part." I nodded. "That's good. You wanted to do more films." "Yeah, but the thing is... I'll have to kiss Florence. So If you're not comfortable with that, I'll turn it down and take the west end gig." She told me, we both moved to face each other. "I trust you," I tell her meaning it. "You do what's best for you." I didn't want her to feel like she couldn't do what she wanted because of my insecurities. She nodded.