46: I'm Scared Of The Future

SCARLETT'S POV

I've not been away from Lottie for this long in almost three years. The wedding took a very long time to plan and with work as well it took a year and a half. And we managed to keep it all away from the media too. It was easy enough, we both wore a lot of rings so they kind of just blended in. And we often wore rings on our wedding fingers too, now we both exclusively only wear our engagement rings on that finger now. There's been a few articles written but nothing that caused a major hype.

But I was at the apartment and Lottie was at the farm. We were getting married there, the place has been transformed completely, it looked amazing when I was there yesterday. The old barn had been completely transformed for the ceremony and we've had a tent put up for the reception and then there's also an outdoor part too with fairy lights hung up above to light it up in the evening. Perks of living on a farm with acres of land you can do amazing things with it. It was Rose's Idea Lottie and I were staying apart because of all the wedding prep, it was a divide and conquer kind of situation. So we've been apart and I missed her like crazy. I was currently in the car with my brother driving to the farm. Where we'd get ready for the wedding.

"Are you nervous?" "No," I say smirking looking at him. "You're not nervous?" "What is there to be nervous about? I'm marrying my soulmate. There's nothing to my nervous about. I want to see my daughter who ditched me last night and I want to see my beautiful amazing wife to me. But I'm not nervous." I tell him confidently. "Have you seen her dress?" He asked. "No, They were both kept at Roberts and he and Susan flew with them so neither of us could peek," I explained to him. "I saw her last night... she was having it altered. When I went over to drop Ronnie off to Rose." Her teddy. "She looked amazing. You're one lucky Woman." He tells me. "I know. I know. She'd look amazing in a trash bag." "Perks of having a face like hers," I tell him. He chuckled and nodded agreeing with me.

"Is it crazy that I've been away from her for three days and I miss her like crazy!" "You're in love. you found your person, I wouldn't say it was crazy." "No?" "No." I smiled at my brother. "Dad and the others landed 10 minutes ago. So they shouldn't belong." I nodded. My dad couldn't be late. They'd have time to nap shower and change and that's about it.

We pulled up at the farm and it looked completely different, it was littered with our flowers everywhere decorating the rustic scene that I loved so much. "CHARLOTTE! YOUR WIFE'S HERE!" Harry called one of Tom's brothers. "Hi, mummy! Lottie sent me down. She's getting her hair done. Mummy, she looks like a princess! Not Princess Anna though. Like a Princess, Princess." Rose rambled. "Muma said I can't put my dress on yet." She pouted. "Muma was right. You can't." I couldn't imagine the state she'd get in if we put her in the pale dress from now. We still had a few hours. She pouted harder so I pecked her lips making it go away and hugged her. "But-"I don't want you ruining your dress before the ceremony. If you're putting your dress on you're sitting on the sofa and no moving." I explain to her. "Fine, I'll wait." I nodded and let her go from my embrace. It was only one night away from her and I know she's at boarding school most of the school year but I missed her last night. I think it was knowing Lottie and Rose were together without me and I knew they were having a girls night, with face masks and bubble baths all the works. They sent me photos. Florence and Tammy were involved too.

"Can you ask Lottie if there's anything she needs mummy to do?" Rose ran off again. "You two really aren't going to see each other before?" Tom asked impressed. "Nope. Keep the big reveal until the doors open." I say with a smile, though I was dying to run up to the master and see her. I've missed her so much, we've spoken on the phone but it's not the same as actually seeing her and being able to hold her and touch her face and feel protected in her arms. "Lottie said no, you need to go to hair and make-up in the guest house." My daughter informed me. She was so grown-up, almost 10. She's been waiting for this day, she asked us every day since the engagement when it was happening. "Fantastic, I get put in the guest." "Well Mummy, it's not your farm yet," Rose told me in a matter of fact way causing the room to laugh. "Flo is up there with her... And Tammy her best friend for the shows." I nodded. I had met Tammy a handful of times. She was nice and she and Lottie got on well, they had the same interests and sense of humour. "I better go up," Tom said and I nodded.