Ch. 10: (Y/n) and Present Danger - Wow It Just Keeps Happening

"We killed this project!" I exclaim in a giddy manner as I high-five my friend with a jump.

We had to make a recreation of an indigenous group, us being able to choose, then recreate their living environments to the best of our abilities. So, as I stared at our very life-like success, I couldn't help but smile as everyone else brought in cardboard and paper, us having it in the bag.

Jim wasn't in this class with me, but I'm sure if he did, he would've done amazing as well.

"We did! I mean this is pure art. You didn't tell me you could work with clay so well?" If I was being honest, neither did I.

"I'm just glad it worked out. Want to go head to lunch early?" I was about to turn around, my friend linking our arms with a nod when I gasped in pain.

I leaned over holding my stomach in agony, what felt like iron-pumping through my veins. I let out a groan as I stumbled back onto a desk, my friend looking at me with wide worried eyes. She held me up as my knees buckled under me, other students gathering around me as I forced my eyes to stay open.

Then, like a shock of lightning, I bolted right up.

"Killahead Bridge!"

╔══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╗

"I gravely inform that yes, it is true, Killahead Bridge has been fully recovered...What I don't understand is how you knew, Lady (Y/n)?" Blinky looked at me with skeptical eyes, Jim casually braiding my hair as we all sat in the library.

"It-it was painful...like I could feel each piece being put together, forced into each other. It was unnatural." There weren't words that could truly explain what I had felt. Because I wasn't even sure what I'd felt, just pain. Like I was the pieces, the pieces being put together. Like I was there.

"Just keep an eye on her, Master Jim. I'll try to look through my studies." We all gave him a nod, waving bye to Arggghh, and Toby walking beside Jim and me.

"Can I talk to you real quick? You mind Jimbo?" Toby asked, both of us just nodding as I walked with him.

"What's up Tobes?" He straightened his collar, looking worried.

"I have a theory," I urged him to go on. ", About you and Jim. More you. You see, Jim has all of his abilities laid out for him, or at least the possibilities. He can still have some stuff happen that'll surprise us, him being the first human Trollhunter and all. But-but you are the first-ever Destined Partner. Like in Troll history. You have this void of possibilities." I gave him a small nod, knowing all of the information he was listing.

"So, you could be the key."

I waited for him to continue, but he didn't.

"The key to what?" I stuck my hands in my pockets anxiously, watching him run his tongue over his braces just as stressfully as I felt.

"The key to opening Killahead..."

His words had left his mouth five minutes ago but I still couldn't quite grasp what he was saying. I stood there with my lips slightly parted, my breathing uneven as I watched him wave his hand in front of my hand in frustration. "(Y/n)! Snap out of it!"

I blinked a few times and looked away, looking at the ground for a few minutes before looking back at him.

"So that means they'll be searching for me?"

Toby shrugged. "It's just a theory, but it makes sense. They might not even know your the key yet. You might not even be the key! It's a lot of 'ifs' right now."