Ch. 13: Blinky's Day Out- She Always Seems To Suffer, Your Turn Trollhunter!

"Human..." I stared at Blinky with wide eyes as he and Jim spoke to themselves. I curled my hands into the insides of my long sleeve shirt, tilting my head to the side as I tried to fully understand what I was looking at.

"You look weird, Blinky." I finally concluded. He gave me a tired nod.

"I feel weird! Everything about this form is weak, frustrating!" He patted himself down as Jim sighed, walking back to my side.

"Do you mind keeping an eye on him for today? Toby and I are going to check on Angor...there's some stuff that just doesn't make sense right now..." His eyebrows knitted together, looking for approval on my end. I brushed my hands against his stressed expression and nodded.

"Just promise you'll be safe. I would love to help out Blinky. I'm sure this is all scary for him." Jim took my hand and gave it a firm squeeze.

He said his goodbyes and I looked at Toby with a smile. "Keep our boy safe for me?" I gave him a quick fist-bump as he nodded. "Always."

As they headed out, I walked to Blinky who sat with a sad face. Sad...twisted with frustration...the look of unknowingness.

"I was thinking you and I should take a walk? You've never been able to enjoy the sunlight before and I think now would be a wonderful time for you to enjoy the outdoors. The weather is beautiful right now and-" He stood up and linked our arms.

"That'd be much appreciated. Please and thank you."

╔══════╗╚══════╝

"What is this wondrous creation!?" Blinky skipped a happy step as he licked the cone in his hand.

"Ice cream." I state with a smile as I lick my own sweet treat.

"This is a most lovely outing, Lady (Y/n). Please, explain why you're so kind?" He asked. His tone was genuine, his expression questioning.

"Kind?" I cleared my throat as I thought. "I'm confused...a good friend would love to take someone who's never gotten to enjoy the little things out. I'd think that's normal?" We sat on a park bench, the sun hitting us in small slivers as the canopy above us acted as a shield.

"Not just this..." He looked at me with a smile. "You joining this fight-with so little knowledge-willing to help in any way you could. I'm sure you were scared?" 

I thought back to the evening, smiling at my quick willingness to it. "Oh, I was terrified!" I laughed quietly. "But...my life was boring-I wasn't complaining about it! But now, this is so much better. I know Jim wishes it weren't so hectic but that's what makes it so magical! I didn't know any of that at the beginning, yeah...but look. My leap of fate allowed me to meet Jim, my other half, and find such extraordinary friends." I gave Blinky a slow nod as I finished explaining.

"I hope that makes sense? I think it best describes how I feel. Because I'm still scared. But having this purpose, having a purpose helps. And if I were to erase all of this? I couldn't-" The thought made me mentally scream.

To lose this perfect life. A dangerous one, yes, but it was mine. My perfect life.

"You are absolutely extraordinary, Lady (Y/n)." That was Blinly's response but I could tell he was thinking about a lot of things at the moment.

"Do you ever feel connected to the other Destined Partners?" He questioned randomly as I brushed off my pants, us making our way back into town.

"Yes. It's not often, but when I do it's truly something. Though-though they feel sad...broken...empty. None of them were lucky like me. I found the rest of me while they watched their Partners ignore them." I always felt confused when I tried to explain how I felt about the Destined connection. I hated it. Because I liked to know, liked to know why I was feeling such things. But Blinky seemed to understand, nodding as we concluded our outing.

╔══════╗╚══════╝

"Jim Lake. Are you nervous? About asking me out?" Jim awkwardly wrapped his arm around me, slowly nodding as he let out a small laugh.

"I sound stupid, don't I?" 

I shook my head and kissed his cheek. "Of course I'll go to the dance with you. I think you doubting yourself was the stupid part." He swatted at me but leaned in to kiss me when the bench we had been sitting on was tossed into the air.

It was a giant. A giant made of glass!

And this time, I can truly say the short fight was like a blur. I saw myself swinging my sword, Jim fighting beside me, then...Angor.

"Trollhunter..." His voice was deep, scratchy sounding as he stared Jim down.

"I've finally outsmarted you." The smile he gave us was vile, making my hands start to shake.

"Yet we always seem to beet you!" Jim yelled out as he charged towards him. But Angor just chuckled harshly as he held up a piece of rock. And that awful connection took over me again. Except for this time, it was completely different.

"AHHHH!!!" I dropped to my knees as my head felt it had just been set on fire. My body shook violently as my armor fell, me now completely bare, vulnerable.

"(Y/n)!" Jim ran towards me but as he touched me, he flinched back with a scream of his own. I had burned him. My skin had burned him. 

"You see, Trollhunter," Angor started calmly. ", I wanted you to suffer. I had planned several ways to cause you pain, to tear you down slowly. But all were physical you see. And that's not your weakness." 

I let out another scream as tears covered my face, Jim burning himself over and over again as he tried to help me in any way he could. Half of my face was covered in a mask. Some kind of rune. It shone a golden yellow, seeming to sear into my skin.

"She is." Angor laughed. "This is why no other Trollhunter excepted their Destined Partner! Because it makes them weak! So, this is how I'll slowly drive you to your loss, Trollhunter. By hurting her, I'm destroying you."

And in one swift moment, he was gone. Leaving Jim rushing me into his arms as I continued to shake violently from the pain, the pain that was tattooed into my memory.

This was how Angor was going to make Jim suffer. Me. I was his weapon. He was using to me slowly kill Jim.