Ch. 15: Where Is My Mind? - I Swear I'm Not Crazy...!

Fear. It's a short simple word, usually left alone when possible. But, think. Think about what keeps you up at night. Chews away at you, causing unneeded stress. It could be something as small as the fear of the dark, or spiders, maybe clowns...

But for Jim and (Y/n)...things got a lot more complicated.

╔══════╗╚══════╝

"So, Angor's attacks are planned out, smartly. He's thought about our weaknesses," Jim gave me a quick glance as he spoke and looked back to the team with a small glare. ", But we also know more about him than we did before. The ring Strictler has controls him, he doesn't have his soul, and-and he wants us dead. So, we need to try our best to take him out as soon as possible."

We all gave him a nod and Jim, Toby, and I made our way to school.

"I'll see you in history?" I looked at Jim with questioning eyes. He nodded and walked off awkwardly, not offering a kiss or even saying goodbye.

"Wow..." Toby mumbled as he followed after his best friend.

I stared after them for a moment too long. I turned to my class and tried to focus on what we had going on in gym class, but I couldn't. I was frustrated. Angry! At Angor, who just seemed to mess everything up every time he took a breath. His soul was taken from him, meaning he didn't have control over himself. But his anger, his wanting for others to hurt, it was all him. And maybe he had been tortured, maybe I'd feel sad for him one day. But today wasn't that day. I wanted to watch him su-

I needed to stop. Thinking so darkly. Thinking of these things I wanted to be done...  All of these negative emotions...

"AHHH! Mom! Please, I'm sorry I left the oven off!" I looked over to my friend who had her ears covered with wide eyes. It was fear. Mild fear.

"Hey! What's wrong?!" I shook her shoulders but she pushed me away, running off with random yells.

Then, the rest of the class began doing the same thing. Even our gym teacher. It was madness as everyone yelled at the air.

"What the-" I watched as the smallest ball of light flew up someone's nose. In a split second, I watched as their eyes filled with terror, running away from seemingly nothing. But, it was all in their head...it had to be...

"Jim..." I thought aloud, starting to sprint out of the chaotic class.

The halls played similar scenes. People were swimming but on the ground. Others were yelling about dragons, I even heard one kid reenact getting his wisdom teeth pulled out.

I tried to think of any creature that Blinky might've mentioned that could make people hallucinate in such a way but nothing came to mind as I panicked to find Jim...

╔ ╗Jim's P.O.V ╚ ╝

(Y/n)! I had to get to (Y/n)!

 (Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n), (Y/n)!

But it was a blur as Angor had me trapped, in some kind of allusion that had no end...

"I admire you, you should know that, Trollhunter." I could hear him but all I saw was what seemed like an empty dark room, nothing filling it yet.

"You have such strength, especially for a youngling as yourself. And (Y/n)," He let out a low whistle. ", I don't think either of you quite understands the bond you two have. You may think you know what love is now, that you couldn't love her more," He let out a long, tired laugh. ", You can't fathom what'll remotely happen as you two grow closer. It'll feel unreal."