Ch. 39: She Almost --

(Y/n) stood with such anger in her eyes that it made the room go still. Yet, still, it all happened so fast as she with one swift movement, had Merlin toppling into Jim's backyard. Recking everything in their path.

"Darling --" Merlin was dodging each attack with barely an effort. "You -- can't -- win --" He began to block (Y/n)'s attacks now, and Jim could only watch in horror as (Y/n) turned into something that stirred a new fear in him.

The crevices of (Y/n)'s armor were similar to magma, glowing with heat. And her eyes were now entirely no longer her natural color, and their glow almost made Jim cry.

What. Was. Happening?

"Blinky --" Jim wanted to do something, anything! Do something that would make him seem useful. "Blinky what do we do?"

But, Blinky was just as lost.

How did Blinky even begin to describe his frustration? Blinky was supposed to be guiding these heroes with much wisdom and was supposed to be able to tell them everything was okay. That he had a plan, that he was prepared. But he couldn't. He couldn't lie to them like that. Because nothing like this had ever happened. It was never supposed to happen. (Y/n) -- Blinky didn't know what to do with her power. It was overwhelming for him to watch. Just to watch. He couldn't even fathom what was running through the young girl's mind...

But as much as he felt useless, stupid, and uncultured, he had a theory.

It wasn't like (Y/n) to be so violent, to be so unhinged. It wasn't in her nature. Blinky knew for a fact she would protect Jim with no hesitation, without a doubt. But Blinky suspected something had changed. With Jim now a troll, their connection was different. (Y/n) had always been this powerful, Blinky knew that. But as Jim was now a troll, it was like a tether, a tether of control had been broken in (Y/n).

Something had broken in their connection and it caused her to be unbalanced. Crazed.

And Blinky suspected Merlin was now noticing this.

In his long, anxious train of thought, (Y/n) had kept her insanely consistent swings, Merlin only given seconds to not get sliced and diced.

"Dear! Calm yourself!" Merlin with a quick wave of his hand made (Y/n)'s sword disappear.

"Oh," She had on a malicious grin. "You've realized you can't win right?!" She was hysterical. "Should've realized that before you ticked me off! Why can't you just leave us alone? Leave Jim alone? We were doing a good enough job!" She heaved. 

Her white strands illuminated under the moonlight, her entire presence seeming to glow as a whole.

Merlin used a swift hand movement that created magical chains to secure (Y/n), her wiggling angrily.

"You haven't won. Don't get ahead of yourself, young one. You need to understand Jim and you have too much power for children and I'm only trying to make sure it's used right!" Merlin's beard shook with his rage.

"Oh, we're using magic now?" 

Blinky was right, there was this crazed look in her eyes.

"Bet."

The word echoed as she flicked her wrists, her palms now encased with the aura of her purple-blue color.

Blinky had read about Merlin before. Seen him in action. God, he'd idolized the powerful man for ages. Merlin's magic, his knowledge, his wisdom, his age -- he was the most respected person in all of troll history if everyone was being honest. It was facts.