Ch. 29: An Exorcism Usually Doesn't Include Love

╔ ╗Jim's P.O.V ╚ ╝

"So, Blinky, you're telling me, we have to get Morgana out of her? How?" I knew stress. My life was stressful. Yet at the moment, the thought of a horrible, evil, vile, ancient villain inside of my (Y/n), made me feel so nauseous...

"Well, yes! Precisely. I know you must be anxious, Master Jim, but do not fret. I do believe I have found the safest way to do this. And it won't kill her!" Blinky's enthusiasm made me withhold a scream.

"That's the bare minimum!? AGH! Please, just make sure she'll be okay..." I glanced at Tobey who gave me a sure nod. "Jimbo, we got this. I've been doing some work of my own in the magic category and I'm sure that Blinky's plan is going to be successful!" Tobey patted my back, turning to (Y/n) who sat on a chair tiredly.

She hadn't spoken since the occurrence, her body never seeming to get rest from the repetitive pain.

Oh, the pain...

"I'm going to go take her home, see if I can help her...keep me updated?" Tobey gave me a quick fist bump, nodding. "Anything for our girl." He rejoined Arrrgggghhhh and Blinky, me walking over to (Y/n) who stared at the table with red sunken eyes.

"Hey sunshine, want some ice cream?" I gave her my brightest smile, watching her features light up for a moment, then, shut off as she gave me a slow nod.

I took her hand, patting her thigh to my back, "Piggy-back ride?" Again, her eyes lit up with joy, then, like a switch, no other emotion that wasn't tired.

My own smile wavered, knowing that this wasn't her. Someone was in her mind, like a video game. Playing her, making her do things she'd rather not. Hitting controls and buttons to make her even take a breath. I had to be thankful that Morgana hadn't killed her already...that was the only thing keeping me going.

"I just have to figure out what Morgana wants and we're golden!" I did a little jump, knocking my hip into hers playfully. 

That flicker of her beautiful joy shone through for a millisecond, then, Morgana.

My mom had to be home on one of the worst days, ever. As soon as she aw (Y/n), she went into full mom mode. "Jim! What happened to her?! Is she okay -- Honey are you okay?" She stared at (Y/n) with such loving, fearful eyes. A look only a mother could pull off. 

My mom looked like she was on her way out.

(Y/n) didn't answer, just nodded. Of course, my mom wasn't convinced.

"She may be coming down with something! Go upstairs and let her rest, one second." Mom dashed into the kitchen and gave me basic cold medicine, honey, and a heated towel.

"Mom, I don't think --" "Hurry Jim! I have to go to work but you go and take care of her." She kissed the top of (Y/n)'s head and sighed, walking out, still worried.

"If only a spoon full of honest would melt away Morgana," I joked, (Y/n) nodding, her hooded eyes barely open.

I walked her up to my room, gesturing for her to lay down. She stared at my bed, looking back at me, trudging to me slowly. Her slow movements for a hug made me eagerly wrap myself around her, taking in a deep breath to stop my chest from exploding.

"I know you're in there! I know...Morgana doesn't have that much of a hold on you, you're strong." I held her, making sure I couldn't see her face...because for once, it wasn't making me smile.

"Foolish, foolish."

My skin crawled, a gag leaving my mouth at the sound of the notorious woman. She physically pained me.

"You think that's enough, Trollhunter? Have you even considered what I said the last time we spoke?" I backed away from (Y/n), her eyes now oozing a golden aura as her lips curled into a demonic grin. "Yes -- Of course I have. I just need you to give me a test. That's what this is right? A test." 

(Y/n)'s body, Morgana, paused. Her grin turned into a slow laugh. "I expected nothing less." What was this lady talking about? I mean, I knew she was crazy, but this was just getting stupid.

"Your test will be your love for (Y/n)." I scoffed, "My love for her --"

"Your love for her, taking away the factor of you two being destined partners."

I was still confused. My love for (Y/n) was the same no matter what the circumstances. But, Morgana was a woman of many things, the main being just straight up annoying.

"Mmm, this shall be interesting."