Ch. 28: So, My Soulmates a Sorceress

There were very few moments where Jim and I felt like normal teenagers. Teenagers whose biggest worry was if our homework had gotten done, maybe that test we had on Tuesday. Teenagers who dated because they loved each other, no strings attached...

But, Jim and I's love had a bird's nest of all of the strings attached, and it wasn't even because of us...directly anyway.

"I must say, your magic had improved greatly, Lady (Y/n)." Blinky patted me on the back, walking over to Jim who was practicing with his sword.

I smiled and then that smile faded as I took a seat on the ground, thinking. I wished me and Jim could still have this magical life, filled with adventures and quests...just not so much so fast. So much at our age...

"I saw you practicing some spells. You looked good." Tobey sat by me as he took a break from his own training.

I nodded. "Thanks."

"Morgana still in your head?" I nodded again. "Not as bad, though." Sure enough, the evil woman's words became more or less consistent, leaving my mind silent. But, at the moment, that's not what I needed.

"Well, Darci had this idea that we all, me, her, Jim, and you, should go on a double date!"

My eyes doubled in size. "You and Darci are dating?!" Tobey nodded with a confident smile. "Yup! She just couldn't resist all of my charms." He grinned, me stifling a laugh at his pose.

"That's great, Tobes!" I gave him a high-five, one he had initiated.

For a moment, he didn't move his hand, his smile there, but different. He sighed and pulled away, looking at Jim with sparkling eyes. "Remember." He mumbled to himself, getting up with no other comment.

"Remember what?" But he was already gone, laughing with Jim about Jim's fighting form.

I smiled at their playful banter, 

"You thought it was over, Destined Partner?"

I sucked in my breath sharply, my hands starting to shake as my chest tightened. 

"I must admit, with more control over your abilities, it was harder to find my way inside this interesting mind of yours. Though, with these doubts you've been having, there was a small gap." She cackled, my ears ringing as I closed my eyes.

'You've done your job, you've righted my wrongs by informing me of them. You can stop now.' I internally argue with her, her echoing laughs making me dizzy.

She didn't say anything else, yet, she let me know she had not yet lost.

╔══════╗╚══════╝

╔ ╗Jim's P.O.V ╚ ╝

When (Y/n) told me about the double date, I was uneasy. Don't get me wrong, being with her, on a date, was going to be downright amazing. But, I was worried having Darci there, it would make things weird.

But, my worries were put to ease when Darci and (Y/n) started talking like old friends. Tobey and I exchanged thankful looks and started to order food, the date being at a restaurant. I mean, what could be more romantic?

"Good evening  ladies, gentleman." The accent made my eyes shoot up, the yellow-brown eyes, almost a gold, making me grab onto (Y/n)'s hand.

"Oh, Douxie, I didn't know you worked here." (Y/n), like always, offered a kind smile, Darci practically losing it.

She started mouthing a question to (Y/n) when Douxie interrupted.

"That I do! It's lovely to see you all." He shot me a mischievous glance.

I felt (Y/n) squeeze my hand, tracing her thumb along my palm. "Is it all right if we order now?" Douxie nodded with a smile, looking at me like I wasn't in on an inside joke.

We all ordered, Douxi's smile was even brighter as he took (Y/n)'s menu away.

"He gets on my nerves," I whisper to her, her leaning in with a laugh. "Which I don't understand." She looked at me with her radiant (E/c) eyes. "Of course, you can't tell, but, he was totally hitting on you."

She hummed in thought, glancing at Tobey and Darci who were busy talking. She quickly leaned in and kissed me, her firmness catching me off guard.

"Jim Lake, are you jealous?" She teased, giggling as she noticed my red face, her small embarrassed look making me smile even more.

I wished every moment could be just like this...

"Maybe I am. Maybe..." I pressed my lips to her ear. "You can make it up to me later."

She pushed me away, startled and red-faced as she knocked my shoulder playfully, covering her mouth surprised as she laughed. "Jim!"

Darci and Tobey were confused as I laughed hysterically with her, teasing her even more as she wheezed out giggles.

I caught a glance of Tobey, him smiling...yet his eyes didn't match that happiness.

╔══════╗

"You feeling okay?" I rubbed (Y/n)'s back as she closed her eyes, her pain clear in the way they were pressed together so tightly.

"Um," She tried to sit up, all of us now done with our food.

"Is it Morgana?" She shook her head, her answer leaving me more confused and worried.

"It's Gunmar," Her eyes finally opened. "He's found something...something huge." I forgot...(Y/n), no matter how much I wished it wasn't this way, was connected to Killahead bridge. Even when that was closed, she could feel other things that could connect it. The thought of Gunmar having something like that made me sigh loudly.

Still unwell, (Y/n) and I headed home early, Darci and Tobey enjoying the rest of their date. Though, Tobey made sure everything was all right before we left.

"I'm sorry we had to leave." (Y/n) walked into my room with guilty eyes.

"No, no, no," I helped her to my bed. "You're all good, sunshine." I pressed a kiss to her forehead, laying down next to her.

It was silent, her pain evident in how she laid, her arms wrapped around herself, me holding her as well as I tried to help ease her restlessness.

Then, an unfamiliar voice made me jump up.

"How quaint."

I looked around my empty dark room, turning to (Y/n) to see she had golden glowing eyes.

"Holy --" I fell off my bed with a thud, rushing to (Y/n) with heavy breaths.

"What's wrong?! (Y/n)!?" I shook her shoulder but .... but she started to float!

"My name's Morgana." A very calm, yet threatening voice came out of (Y/n). 

"Leave her alone, Morgana." I was helpless. What was I supposed to do?! I couldn't fight her, I mean, this was still  (Y/n)!

"Your internal struggle is quite amusing, Trollhunter. Don't worry, my true time to rise with this body isn't tonight," Her words made me tremble. "I only simply want to inform you of something."

"What?" My lips were pressed harshly together as I watched Morgana move (Y/n)'s body into a sitting position.

"You, Trollhunter, are so similar to the Destined Partner," Her tone became filled with anger. "Hurting people, never knowing, causing pain everywhere you go!" She paused, chuckling. A sound that made my skin crawl.

"I don't understand." She laughed again. "Of course, you don't...but you need to figure it out."

"What happens if I don't?" (Y/n)'s eyes started to flicker from her eye color to glowing gold.

Morgana let out a growl for a laugh, (Y/n) finally waking up.

"She'll die."