Chapter 4

"𝕀 𝕞𝕒𝕪 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕧𝕖 𝕔𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕚𝕖𝕕 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕗𝕠𝕣 𝟡 𝕞𝕠𝕟𝕥𝕙𝕤 𝕓𝕦𝕥 𝕀 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕤𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕪 𝕝𝕚𝕗𝕖 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦, 𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕥𝕖𝕔𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕪𝕠𝕦, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕕𝕠𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕀 𝕔𝕒𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕪"

____________________________________

"𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙛𝙖𝙣, 𝙎𝙩𝙚𝙛𝙖𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪?" Giggled out Cassiopeia while running in the forest looking for her lover. They were trying to relax and ignore everything else going on in Mystic Falls, like Stefan's ex-girlfriend, Valerie, coming back and the death of Josette from the Gemini Coven. They had also learned that the Gemini Coven had transferred Jo's unborn twins into Cassiopeia four months ago and had decided that they could use a little break.

The redhead ran, weaving around trees and bushes as she tried to sense where Stefan was hiding. She could feel she was getting closer but she immediately stopped when she heard a small cry.

She turned away from where she thought Stefan was and rushed towards the weeping. The cry she heard sounded like a baby's cry, it reminded her of her children. She felt the shift in the air and know it was Stefan running towards her, having also heard the cry and sensed her changing detections.

When she found the baby she was left in awe, she had never seen someone like her before. The baby had beautiful white wings sticking out from her back, folded to wrap around her. She had short blonde hair and piercing blue eyes. The only thing with her was her blanket and a small card with her name, Kara Queen.

Cassiopeia pick her up in her arms, rocking her as she moved towards Stefan to show him, "what is a baby doing here? "

"It looks like a Nephilim, a child of an angel and a human. She must have been abandoned because she would have been seen as an abomination and a mistake" the vampire answered the redhead, picking up one of the wings that were too big for the tiny baby as if to test if it was real.

"Mmm," The redhead hybrid hummed softly while she made her way out of the forest, holding the baby closer to her to warm it up as she noticed her shaking. She had heard of the angel-human hybrid before, thanks to one of the many books at the Salvatore house, and though she found them fascinating until today, she had never believed in them. Although she was fascinated by the Nephilim, she knew now was not the time to be enchanted by the unknown seeing as she didn't know if the baby was okay.

"Where are you going?" asked Stefan as he followed after her.

"I'm going back to our house to warm her up, she's freezing," Cassiopeia said without looking back, "I think I'll keep her"

"That's not how it works, Cassie," he said, trying to hold back a sight as his girlfriend took this random child and walked back towards her house, "You can't just pick up a child and claim that you'll keep it"

"Just watch me" shouted Cassiopeia, sending him a smile over her shoulder. She slowed down her pace a little to wait for him to catch up with her. Sensing he had something to say she told him to go ahead.

"What exactly is your plan?" the blonde vampire questioned, hoping that she actually thought of what she was doing.

The redhead stopped in her tracks at the question, having not given it much thought, to her the answer was obvious, she was going to " Raise her" she whispered.

"I'm going to raise her" Cassiopeia repeated confidently "hopefully with you by my side," she said as she looked over to her side, waiting for his response.

Stefan couldn't say he was surprised, there was no way Cassiopeia would ever think of anything other than to just keep an abandoned child she had found in a dangerous forest. 'Just another thing to like about her' he thought as he smiled down at her. "Ok, let's do it"