the ball part 3

𝕀𝕥 𝕚𝕤 𝕚𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕞𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕤 𝕠𝕗 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕕𝕖𝕤𝕥𝕚𝕟𝕪 𝕚𝕤 𝕤𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕖𝕕.
_________________________________________

"𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨... 𝙎𝙝𝙚'𝙨" Cassiopeia stuttered, not completely sure how she was supposed to tell someone his mother wanted to kill him and his siblings. Before she could come up with something to say she completely blurted it out "She's planning to k-kill you guys!"

"What do you mean she wants to kill us?" Asked Kol, gripping onto her shoulders so hard that it almost bled. He couldn't, no he wouldn't believe his mother wanted to kill him and his siblings. She had said they would be a family again and that they'll all be happy. it couldn't all be a lie, right?

The redhead warlock looked at anything and everything but him as she answered, voice shaky "she got Elena's help your mother to try and kill you all."

Noticing the sadness in his eyes, Cassiopeia moves to hug him, but he stops her with a shake of his head. It wasn't the time for a pity party, they had to go and warn his other siblings.

"We need to tell Elijah, he'll be able to come up with a plan," muttered Kol, gripping onto her smaller hand in his as he pulled them into the ballroom.

Cassiopeia didn't struggle with his pulling, too lost in her own thoughts to do anything. Elena, one of her friends was planning to help this Esther chick kill her kids while one of those kids, Kol, pulled on her hand, obviously expecting her to help him which in turn left her with her current dilemma. Should she help him or not.

She understood why Elena and Esther would want to kill them, at least to some extent but now that she knew what they were planning she couldn't just sit back and let it happen. The Mikaelsons are technical people, a family of murderous vampires but still people nonetheless, and they deserved to live too and with that, she had made up her mind on what to do. She was going to help them even though it meant going against her friends. They shouldn't be able to decide who gets to live and who doesn't even if the Mikaelsons did a lot of bad stuff, because so had they. They had all done some evil and unforgivable things so who were they to judge?

~~

After spotting Elijah talking to Elena, Cassiopeia had hoped she was doing the right thing and telling him what was going on but by the looks on Kol's face, that's obviously not what was happening. After Elena left Kol dragged her over to Elijah.

"Elijah," Kol called out as soon as he was by his brother side with Cassiopeia, "Don't listen to her she's lying."

"Esther is planning to link you all together and kill you guys." Cassiopeia continued for him, noticing the way his voice cracked and how difficult this must have been for him.

The moment those words left her mouth, Elijah's hands went up to her shoulders and held her in place. He looked into her eyes to see if she was lying while he listened to her heartbeat, which was as steady as usual. There were no signs that point to her lying, so it must be true. His mother was planning to kill them, and Elena had lied about it. He knew he shouldn't have trusted her when she said she would forgive Klaus, and he shouldn't have believed Elena when she said everything was alright.

"How does she plan to do it, linking us together I mean?" Elijah asked with false calmness, finally removing his hands from her shoulders and down his side.

Cassiopeia looked towards Kol and his hand that fully covered her own and she squeezed them when she notices how they shook slightly, "I don't know, Esther didn't say anything about how she was going to do it when I was listening in."

"So how do we find out?" Questioned Kol, taking for the first time in a while, and no he was not sad anymore, he skipped over that and went directly to anger. Now all he wants to do is get revenge and kill his mother in the most painful way he can think of.

"I may have a way," Cassiopeia said while looking over at Elena who was alone for the first time tonight.

~~

Cassiopeia really wished there was another way, a way that didn't involve her having to talk with Elena, but she sadly couldn't think of one. The spell she was going to use required her to touch the target until the chant was done. Once Elena was one step away from her, Cassiopeia faked a trip and knocked into her. Elena caught her and in the split second that she was in her arms she started her spell.

"ꋬꉣꏂꋪ꒐ ꂵ꒐ꁝ꒐ ꋬꋊ꒐ꂵ꒤ꂵ ꓄꒤꒤ꂵ" Cassiopeia muttered so quietly that not even one of the vampires around the room could hear.

"Hey, are you okay?" Elena asked as helping Cassidy stand up. 'Don't tell me she's got drunk because of how sad she is about Damon and me kissing.'

"Yeah, I'm fine, I just tripped over my heel." lied Cassidy, already walking away now that she got what she needed.

After leaving Elena behind she started to look around for the noble or the reckless original but couldn't find them.

"Kol, Elijah, where are you guys?" Cassiopeia whispered into the air, sure that wherever they are, they would be able to hear her.

Cassiopeia finally found them next to their other siblings, with Kol waving her over, and was making her way towards them when Damon grabbed her hand.

"What were you doing with Elijah and Kol?" He demanded. 

"Excuse me, that is none of if you're business." the redhead snapped, jerking her hand out of his hold.

"Of course, it's my business to, I'm your boy... " stopping himself from continuing, Damon backed off when he saw the look of anger on her face.

"You're my what? Go on continue, I'm just dying to know what you were going to say!" Cassiopeia growled, her eyes faintly glowing scarlet as she suppressed the urge to use magic against him.

"Cassi-" "Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!" Esther announced, interrupting whatever Damon was going to say.

"I have to go" Cassiopeia shouted, running towards the originals without looking back even once.

~~

"-spectacular evening. Cheers!" "Don't drink the wine!" Esther and Cassidy said at the same time as the redhead took the glasses from both Kol and Klaus while blocking it from Esther's view.

"She was going to use the drinks to bind you guys together." explained Cassiopeia, setting the glasses aside on a random table.