Chapter 21

"𝕄𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕣𝕒𝕔𝕖𝕤 𝕨𝕙𝕖𝕟 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕀 𝕤𝕖𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦.
𝔼𝕧𝕖𝕣𝕪. 𝕊𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕝𝕖. 𝔽𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘. 𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖"
_________________________________________

"𝙒𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙙? " Cassiopeia asked, moving over towards Kol once she noticed how upset he was.

"Elijah wants your family and you to come over for dinner next week"

"WHAT?"

~~~

"So Elijah invited us over for dinner? " Stefan ask for the 4th time since she had told him, still having trouble understanding the noble vampire's motives.

Cassiopeia just nodded her head, barely even moving it from where she had it resting on his shoulder. She was dreading having to go over to the Mikaelsons' house for dinner. It was the last place she wanted to spend even a second of her time in let alone more than one hour. Because even though so much time had passed and she had gotten over it, that place still held too many memories.

"We could just ignore them and not go" The redhead hybrid offered hopefully as she moved her head to stare at her husband with pleading eyes, knowing how hard it was for him to say no to her.

"Yeah, we could put on a move and order in some food" suggested Cora as her siblings nodded their heads in silent agreement.

"We can even invite uncle Kol over"

"Sounds like a great plan, I'll pick out the movie and you order the food-" "we're going" Stefan interrupted Lizzie with an apologetic smile as he grabbed Cassiopeia's hand. He knew that if they didn't go to this dinner then the original hybrid and suit-wearing vampire would just keep bothering them and it would only get worse as time goes by. He didn't want to admit it but he was scared of what the originals would do if they didn't follow with their plan. He was scared of what they would do to his Cassiopeia, and his family and he was going to do whatever it takes to keep them safe even if he had to pretend to comply with them.

Some things truly never changed no matter how much time has passed.

~~~

"We can still back out, you know " Cora tried to persuade them from the back seat of the car "we don't have to do this"

"I said we should have slashed the tires so we wouldn't have to go but you said no" muttered Leonidas with a pout on his face, he had tried to convince them to slash all the tires so that they had an excuse to not go but everybody quickly shut him down.

"It was a dumb idea anyway," Elliot said, looking up from his phone just so his brother could see him roll his eyes.

"Like you could think of a better one"

"Any plan would be better than your plan"

"Well fuck you-" "can we please stop fighting" Cleo pleaded, trying to calm them down before the fight turned physical. Cleo was always the peacekeeper between the four of them because of the other's hot tempers so she was used to the fighting but she had less than an enjoyable day and it just kept getting worse as the day went by.

                  -A couple of hours earlier-

Cleo was in the library studying for an up-and-coming test on elemental spells which were the type of spells that came the hardest to her. The redhead tribrid had just started the page on water spells when she had walked in. Amaya Mazu, the most beautiful girl she had ever seen, and her long-time crush.

The siren having seen Cleo made her way toward the girl. She walked as if she was dancing and as if the world was her stage and the people here were just meant to watch her and nothing else. Cleo couldn't stop the blush from forming on her cheeks as Amaya stood in front of her.

" Hey, Cleo, do you happen to know where your sister is?" Had she mentioned that Amaya was also her sister's best friend since they were practically babies? No? Well, now you know. You probably also would like to know since when she had a crush on her, right? The answer is since she was 12. Anyways back to the story.

"I don't know, have you tried calling her, oh, of course, you have otherwise you wouldn't be asking. She might be with Elliot and Leo. you know how much they like causing trouble." Cleo rambled on, great she had successfully embarrassed herself in front of her crush for the 100 times, but who was keeping track, certainly not her.

"Oh okay... Tell me if you hear from her or tell her to call me"

"Okay, I will" replied Cleo, seeming a little too eager to have an excuse to talk to Amaya.

"Bye see you later than" Amaya smiled as she waved to the cute blushing redhead.

"Bye, oh, and you look so beautiful today, I mean, not that you don't usually look beautiful, you are very beautiful, it's just that with your hair up like that you look extra cute" blurted out the tribrid before quickly covering her mouth to stop her self from saying any more embarrassing stuff. Really, she was sure this day couldn't get any worse than it already was.

                     -back to the present-

Cleo really wanted to bang her head against the window as she remember what happened earlier. Honestly, why did she have to always embarrass herself in front of Amaya like that? She could still remember in detail the time she had fallen down the stairs one time when the beautiful siren had smiled at her.

"We're here"