Chapter 26

"𝕊𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕥𝕚𝕞𝕖𝕤 𝕓𝕒𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕟𝕘𝕤 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕡𝕖𝕟𝕖𝕕"
____________________________________

Hours later when Cleo woke up she wasn't alone, someone was sitting next to her head and it wasn't her sister(who didn't seem to have come back at all but that was a whole other matter). She slowly looked over at the person next to her and was surprised when she saw a sleeping Amaya.

The redhead let out an unintentional squeak, waking the girl next to her up. She moved away from the beautiful siren, quickly jumping onto her bed and hiding under the covers with only an opening for her eyes to peek through. "W-why are yo-you... Why are you here?" Cleo whispered in a small voice as she stutters when she makes eye contact with her crush.

"I came here looking for Cora when I saw you passed out on the floor as you whimpered and screamed even though you were unconscious. You kept clutching your wrist as if you were in pain" Amaya recounted as gently as she could so she wouldn't scare her friend. The blonde siren smiled to comfort her as she asked what happened to her before she passed out.

After explaining everything to Amaya, who wouldn't leave her alone until she did, they settle down on Cleo's bed.

Knowing Amaya wouldn't leave it be until she was told the truth, she explained everything, or at least all of what she knew. She told her about the hybrid who had stopped the quadruplets on their way to lunch the other day and about the weird unknown smell surrounding him. She told her about how unnaturally strong he was, about all the things he said as he kept a hold of one of her wrists, and about how when he finally let go, there was an ache that spread through her arm. She went on about how last night she felt that same ache not only on her arm but throughout her whole body and that was why she was on the floor when Amaya walked in.

After Cleo explained everything a silence spread all over the room as they settled on the redhead's bed.

"I think you should tell someone about your wrist in case this happens again" The blonde suggested after a while of thinking about what to say.

Cleo quickly jumped up, panic showing all over her face as she exclaims, "no I can't." if she told her parents about this it would only add to their plate and it would cause them to worry. They already had enough to deal with since the mikaelsons came to town, she didn't want to be another burden on their shoulders. "This isn't serious enough to bother them with"

"What if this happens again?" Amaya questioned as also stood up from the bed. "What are you going to do if this turns out to actually be something serious?"

"I-i don't know" the redhead croaked out as tears begin to form at the corners of her eyes. 'I don't know' was a phrase Cleo didn't say often. She was the type of person who usually had an answer for most things and when she didn't she always made sure to find it but for the first time ever she didn't want to know the answer.

"It's going to be okay" whispered Amaya as she pulled her friend into a hug. She wrapped her arms tightly around Cleo as she mumbled words of comfort to her.