chapter 30

"𝕃𝕠𝕧𝕖? ℕ𝕠 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕙𝕒𝕕 𝕨𝕒𝕤𝕟'𝕥 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕠𝕣 𝕒𝕥 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕒𝕤𝕟'𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕦𝕤𝕦𝕒𝕝 𝕥𝕪𝕡𝕖 𝕠𝕗 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖. 𝕋𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕓𝕠𝕥𝕙 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕𝕖𝕕 𝕤𝕠𝕞𝕖𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕤𝕠 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕟𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕖𝕒𝕔𝕙 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕪 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕖 𝕨𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝕟𝕖𝕖𝕕𝕖𝕕"

_____________________________

Kol was over the moon, and it was easy for anybody to see noted Hope from the passenger seat in the original vampire's car.

Hope was never that close to her uncle Kol but she had always thought she had known him well enough, having known the man her whole life however it felt like she was meeting him for the first time all over again as she watched him around Cassiopeia.

The very moment he pulled up into the Salvatore's driveway, he jumped out of the car and dashed towards the happy family playing in the yard. He pulled her redheaded headmaster into a hug so tightly that Hope was sure if the woman wasn't part vampire the embrace might have actually killed her and the moment he let go, he was pulled over by the youngest girl to play.

Hope thought he looked like he had found his place of belonging, a place where he just fit in so perfectly as if that was where he was meant to be. She didn't think she had seen him look as free as he did right now with his actual family.

All of them together looked like the perfect happy family that she had always dreamed of, not that she didn't love her own family but they were rarely this happy and the tribrid was sure she had never seen her uncle that happy with them and it made her want to join in, to be a part of something so beautiful but she didn't want to ruin the mood like she was sure she would.

~~~

Honestly, Kol had never liked the Salvatore brothers, especially the older one but he could understand why Cassiopeia had chosen Stefan after everything she had been through and he was especially happy that she didn't wait for Klaus like the hybrid thought she would. So between his stupid older brother, Klaus, or the Salvador bunny muncher, Stefan, he was glad that she had picked Stefan. Kol knew at least he would always be faithful to his Cassi and give her the wonderful life she deserved and from the looks of it, he had been right.

He remembered how sad she always looked whether it was because of Damon or Klaus, she was never quite as happy as he thought she deserved to be. The only time he had ever seen her this happy was when they used to be together and even then they weren't even a proper couple.

Back then, when he saw her crying over Klaus while he was in the afterlife, he wondered if he had done the right thing in telling Cassiopeia the truth about the original hybrid but now as he looked around at the beautiful life she had made for herself he had no more doubt.

Kol looked back up at the Salvatore family only to see Cassiopeia waving Hope over from the car with a big smile on her face, "Come on Hope, what's taking you so long? Dinner is almost ready. "

The young tribrid looked shocked as the beautiful redhead called out to her, "Co- coming" she shouted back as she stumbled out of his car, tripping over the steps and falling flat on her face as she ran towards Cassiopeia.

"Are you okay?" the warlock-vampire hybrid asked in concern as the scraps on the young girl's knee and face healed at the slightly slower pace of a werewolf.

"That was quite the fall" she continued in a motherly tone that Kol could tell made his niece feel bashful.

"Yea- yeah... I'm ok- okay" Hope stuttered again, hiding her healing face behind her hands.

Vera quickly ran towards her mother with Umbra, Layla, and Anthony in tow, "if Hope is okay can we eat dinner now, I'm hungry"

"Yeah, Dad should be done with the food by now" Layla agreed as she pulled on her twin's arm, willing him to move faster.

"Sure"

~~~

Hope, having had only one very awkward dinner with the whole Salvatore family, was surprised at how lively they could be. When they had had dinner at her house, everyone was quiet with permanent glares stuck to their faces but now they were all talking and laughing, even Cora who Hope had thought to be the scariest.

"So Hope how are you liking the school so far" Cassiopeia asked softly from the head of the table, with Stefan and Kol on either side of her. "I meant to ask earlier but I haven't had much free time lately I'm afraid."

Waving her hands all around, she said, "No it's okay. I've been doing good. Cleo has also been checking in on me so don't worry. " the tribrid paused, looking around the table for her redhead half-sister, just now noticing her absence." By the way, where is Cleo? "

After a moment it's Elliot who answers instead, "She decided to stay at the dorms this weekend instead."

No one mentioned how unlike her that was as they kept on eating, all worried for her and how distanced she had been lately.

~~~

'The dinner was nice' Hope thought as Kol and her pulled out of the Salvatore's driveway with Cassiopeia and Stefan wishing them a safe journey from their porch.

As they drove in complete silence, Hope began to wonder about the redhead and her uncle. The way they behaved around each other felt like they were something important to each other, like maybe they had been in love.

And as she was a very curious soul, she of course asked him about it.

"I do love her" Kol whisper as if talking to himself, "Cassiopeia holds a place in my heart that no one else could ever have" and that's all he said.