The ball part 1

"𝕀 𝕨𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕒𝕝𝕔𝕠𝕙𝕠𝕝 𝕤𝕠 𝕤𝕥𝕣𝕠𝕟𝕘, 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕚𝕥 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕦𝕣𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕟𝕒𝕞𝕖 𝕠𝕦𝕥 𝕠𝕗 𝕞𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕣𝕠𝕒𝕥"
____________________________

"Mom how did you meet uncle Kol?" asked Vera as Cassiopeia tried to get the young girl ready for bed. The eleven year old crossed her arms and refused to do anything until her mother told her the story.

Levi, copying his big sister, crossed his arms crossed too, adding his own two cents, "Yeah, how did you meet uncle koala?"

The redhead sight and picked both of the up, carrying them to her empty bed(Stefan was called back to the hospital where he worked now after Kol and Hope left) and sat them down. She tucked them in and got in next to them, "You both really want to now?"

"Yeah"

"Okay so...."

~~~

"How could I be such an idiot, Care? Everyone could see how much he loved her, I could even see it yet why did I pretend not to? Why couldn't I have been honest with myself?" sobbed Cassiopeia  while in her sister's safe and warm embrace. "He loves Elena just like everyone else. How come I'm never enough for people? Why is it always her?"

"Hey, don't talk like that, you are enough and if Damon can't see that then that's his loss." The blonde vampire whispered in a soothing voice to her heartbroken sister like she had been doing ever seen she had found out about the breakup. "You know what? You shouldn't be the one here crying it should be him. You are going to put on the dress Klaus got you and go to the Mikaelsons ball and show him you're perfectly fine without him and that plenty of other people in this town would give anything to date you!"

"But-" " No buts now get dressed before I make you!"

~~~

"Wow," Bonnie whispered in awe at the dress her redhead friend was wearing. It looked like the night sky with a bunch of twinkling stars, it was like the gown had been tailored made for her and even though she didn't like the person who had given it to her, she was quick to admit it looked beautiful on Cassiopeia.

"Thanks for coming with me," the hybrid thanked her sister and friend. "I know you didn't really want to come to the Mikaelson ball."

"Hey, it's fine, it's not like I would want to leave you alone at a time like this, especially since he's gonna be there." reassured Bonnie as she unlocked her car and got in the driver's seat, friends following behind

"Have either of you spoken to Elena?" question the witch, breaking the comfortable silence that had fallen over the group.

"Yes,/of course not." Was the two sisters different answers, Cassiopeia and Caroline, at the same time with different answers.

"Why would you talk to her after what she did! She kissed your boyfriend more than once." the blond vampire spat out while thinking of the doppelganger, "You're supposed to be her friend, yet she still betrayed you."

"She called to apologize." mumbled Cassi, looking out the window and away from her sister.

"So what? That's not something you can just apologize once for and be done with." Caroline yelled with Bonnie nodding in agreement.

"And she didn't even apologize in person." Bonnie added while keeping her eyes on the road. Even If Elena was one of her best friends she couldn't just excuse what she did to the redhead.

"I just... I just couldn't be mad, not when I saw the way they looked at each other, and even though she won't admit it, I know she loves him. How... Just how am I supposed to stand in the way of  something like that, when I can clearly see all of it." The redhead stuttered out holding back tears as she thought about the night that Stefan had told her about what Damon and Elena had done. 'I really should have seen this coming, huh?'

"Just because they are in love doesn't give them the right to hurt you like this, he should have broken up with you first or Elena should have talked to you about her feelings. what's worst is how she keeps on denying how she feels about him. You don't just kiss somebody like that without any feelings! So at the end of the day, how can she say she doesn't love him when she always acts like this?" Caroline stated, moving forward in her seat to grab Cassiopeia's hands. Noticing for the first time, the bite marks on the tip of her fingers, something she only does when she's deep in thought about something.

"Don't make excuses for them Cassie, they are both adults and they know what they where doing. You should be mad, angry even. You shouldn't have to be the only one suffering over this because while you're here crying about it, they're out there moving on with their lives so you have to do the same!" Exclaimed the witch, parking her car and moving to face her friends and smile reassuringly at her sad friend.

"On a happier note, we are here, yay!" The only vampire in the group cheered sarcastically, trying to bring up the mood a little which seemed to work as both of the other girls offered her a smile each.

~~~

Cassiopeia had barely been there for a couple of minutes and she had already lost both Bonnie and Caroline. She began looking around the mansion when they had walked in.

Elena had strolled in with a Salvatore brother on each arm while smiling brightly at both them and the crowd of people. When their eyes meet her smile slipped a little and she tried to walk over but Cassidy quickly left, not being able to stand looking at her right now.

She made her way to the drink table and quickly down a whole cup of whatever alcoholic drink was in it. Honestly, the only thing she had hoped for tonight was to go through the whole party without bumping into either Damon or Elena.

"You must be the little warlock Nik is soo found of." called out a soft yet cocky voice from behind her.

Cassiopeia turned around to see who's the voice she had heard belonged to and froze. She could tell that the person in front of her had to be one of the most handsome and dangerous men that she had ever laid eyes on.

"I know, I know I'm just too handsome and dashing so you can't help but stare at me." the unknown man smirked down at the redhead, feeling smug that the girl his older brother was obsessed with was practically drooling for him.

And as quickly as the butterflies came, they left. Nope, Cassiopeia was done with guys who were too full of themselves, she was not about to get charmed by a pretty face once again.

"Hey come back!" shouted Kol as the beauty walked away, this was not how that was supposed to go.